Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gaylord Tang
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
While you normally can damage Pegasus instead of Galactica, how would it work against the Cylon "Can Damage Galactica" reveal power? The Cylon would normally would draw 5 counters and use 2...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say the Cylon would pick five counters from the Galactica and/or Pegasus stack then choose two to resolve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Lundgren
Sweden
Göteborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Just as with all other damage done to the Battlestars, for each chit you select the pile to draw from. If Pegasus has two points of damage and several players are currently onboard Pegasus, revealing drawing the two remaining damage chits (plus three from the Galactica pile) and playing the Pegasus chits seems to be good tactics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaylord Tang
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So in this case, you'd say it was the Cylon's choice whether to damage Galactica or Pegasus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
gaylord500 wrote:
So in this case, you'd say it was the Cylon's choice whether to damage Galactica or Pegasus?

The offiical rule:

Quote:
Each time Galactica would be damaged, the current
player may choose to draw a Pegasus damage token
instead
of a Galactica damage token.

So yeah, the current player, whether a Cylon or not, has full control over which tokens are pulled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would want clarification of this, the rule says that the current player may choose to draw a Galactica or Pegasus token, but this follows from the base game rule that it is the current player who draws damage tokens and the Cylon reveal ability breaks that rule by saying You may draw up to 5 damage tokens, so in this case it is not necessarily the current player who is doing the drawing of tokens and I would say that whoever is actually drawing the tokens should decide.

As the cylon is actively attempting to do the most damage to the fleet, it would seem to unreasonably hobble this ability to allow someone else, who may be human to decide where the damage goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
No, you are correct. I would argue as well that the Cylon has full control over his own Damage when he reveals.

It is too early over here and I was not thiking about when the Cylon would reveal as the result of an XO on another's turn.

I was answering from a perspective meaning the CP had full control, trying to get to the point that the Cylon would draw his own damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cactus god
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
No, you are correct. I would argue as well that the Cylon has full control over his own Damage when he reveals.

It is too early over here and I was not thiking about when the Cylon would reveal as the result of an XO on another's turn.

I was answering from a perspective meaning the CP had full control, trying to get to the point that the Cylon would draw his own damage.

Yeah the cylon definitely gets to choose the damaged locations. It's very important to think about when people carelessly damage pegasus to absorb some hits!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.