Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vicente Martí
Spain
Onda
Castellón
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to find a game of deduction that was really good.

help myself?

It does not import the topic, only the mechanics ..... deduction

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patiently waiting for the zombie apocalypse...
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 come to mind.

Mr. Jack
Fury of Dracula (second edition)
Scotland Yard

I recommend Mr. Jack and FoD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lui
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mystery of the Abbey
This is one of the better ones, does not require a great deal of English, and is actually published in many languages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Hellyer
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective is an excellent deduction game, playable by one player or more working together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coachride to Devil's Castle (The Castle of the Devil). The game is in German but English translation is on every card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll also put in a strong recommendation for Timbuktu (or Tombouctou) see here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/691.

It's a very good, fun 3-5 payer Euro-style deduction game quite unlike the other 'crime/murder-mystery' deduction games. Very good player interaction, good levels of deduction with some decent levels of the 'unknown', great theme, well designed, looks very attractive also.

I would also put in a non-recommendation for Mystery of the Abbey. It's a very poor deduction game. Good for kids, but not for adults.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
Amnese wrote:

I would also put in a non-recommendation for Mystery of the Abbey. It's a very poor deduction game. Good for kids, but not for adults.

Agreed about Mystery of the Abbey! Don't buy this one...it is little more than clue re-themed and with some varying events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're looking for heavy pure deduction, like a logic puzzle that gets built up as the game goes along, Mystery of the Abbey is likely not what you want - the cards that you're trying to deduce the locations of get passed around a lot and people are allowed to not answer your questions... Also, Mr. Jack is a fine game, but it doesn't scratch the same deduction itch as Sleuth does. So...you want Sleuth.

Fury of Dracula is a fine game with deduction elements if you want something else involved besides just the deduction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Another one well worth considering:

The Name of the Rose

N.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F. F.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The upcoming Martinique seems like a good candidate. Another excellent and often overlooked 2 player game is Star System - pure deduction goodness!

Tobago is quite new but tried it last weekend - it's lots of fun and looks fantastic.

I have to support the guy recommending Mystery of the Abbey. MotA is an quite enjoyable deduction game and it has another advantage: It's a game for six players!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicente Martí
Spain
Onda
Castellón
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all, I have elaborated a list with your suggestions:

Played :

Mr Jack
Fury of Dracula
Mystery of the Abbey
Die Kutschfahrt zur Teufelsburg
Werewolf
Timbuktu( I am charmed with it, recommended to the one who has not proved it)
The Name of the Rose

No played:

The Resistance . P&P Where?. I do not find

Scotland yard. Really the interest in the games of deduction belongs to a girl, player to the group of games. She would like the presentation .... but not very easy to play?

Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective. Very interesting

Sleuth. It does not displease me

More information of the three last ones? Is it possible to find with facility a copy of someone?

Thanks to allmeeple

Edit: I forget Martinique..... Very interesting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken K
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

As theme does not import, consider some more abstracts like:

Code 777
Coda
Black Vienna

and even

Mastermind

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.