Pandemic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick question, hoping for a quick response rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Traut

Erie
Pennsylvania
msg tools
Here is the situation. I, the medic, am in Kinshasa. My girlfriend, the scientist, has just discovered the cure for the yellow disease. There are three cubes in Kinshasa. Although it is her turn, does my presence eliminate the cubes in Kinshasa via my special power or does it have to be my turn for this to be in effect even though I don't actually spend an action to remove them. Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Moore
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter
badge
Does (Top Promoter) subliminal (Top Promoter) advertising (Top Promoter) really (Top Promoter) work?
mbmbmbmbmb
The cubes vanish immediately when she cures it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, Justin is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I agree too. And here's the relevant text from the rules:

"Also, if the Medic at any time finds herself in a city that contains cubes of a disease that has been cured, she may immediately remove all of those cubes. This unique ability is in effect during all players’ turns and does not cost any actions to perform."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Traut

Erie
Pennsylvania
msg tools
Erik17 wrote:
I agree too. And here's the relevant text from the rules:

"Also, if the Medic at any time finds herself in a city that contains cubes of a disease that has been cured, she may immediately remove all of those cubes. This unique ability is in effect during all players’ turns and does not cost any actions to perform."

Hahahaha well, I guess I should have turned to the instructions for this answer, but I appreciate everyone's help either way. Thanks very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
feydjm wrote:
The cubes vanish immediately when she cures it.

Note:

You may remove them. You may also decide to NOT remove them. sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.