Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! – Russia 1941-42» Forums » Rules

Subject: used or unused unit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Chan
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
hi all

i just bought the game last week and tried a few times, and i got a question about used or unused unit, and would like you help

Ok, first, if i am the active player, i got 7 AP for a unit (eg. an infantry), i use 6AP in total for 2 action, and then i left 1 AP unuse, and pass, should i turn the infantry to USED?

and Secoundly if i am using the Opportunity Action, after i had taken the action the unit i used need to turn to USED is that correct?

and third, if i got 2 APs left, and i want to fire at the enermy, which cost 4APs, can i use 1 AP and 3 CAP instead of 2AP and 2 CAPs.

thanks for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Rzymkowski
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gatepas wrote:
Ok, first, if i am the active player, i got 7 AP for a unit (eg. an infantry), i use 6AP in total for 2 action, and then i left 1 AP unuse, and pass, should i turn the infantry to USED?

Yes. If you pass, the active unit is marked as used and the remaining APs of that unit are lost:
SoS rulebook, 2.2, page 2 wrote:
If a player chooses to pass and has a previously activated unit with unspent APs, he must flip the unit to its spent side and lose any unused APs.

gatepas wrote:
and Secoundly if i am using the Opportunity Action, after i had taken the action the unit i used need to turn to USED is that correct?

Yes.

gatepas wrote:
and third, if i got 2 APs left, and i want to fire at the enermy, which cost 4APs, can i use 1 AP and 3 CAP instead of 2AP and 2 CAPs.

My first thought was that you would never need to do this - just use the APs first. But then I thought about the new rules that state:
SoS rulebook, 7.3, page 5 wrote:
If the CAP tracking counter is on a space where a destroyed unit should go, it is immediately lowered to the next open spot and the player loses the use of this CAP. CAP allowances cannot be negative.

So, I you're sure that you're going to loose some other unit in the next action and your CAPs are at maximum, then using CAPs first might make some sense.

Nevertheless I would say it is not allowed, as the rules state that you can only supplement APs with CAPs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rzymek was correct right up until the end. You can *always* spend CAPs in place of APs. The rules were worded the way precisely because of what you point out, rzymek - you would almost never want to substitute CAPs for APs if that would leave you with APs left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Chan
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Thanks rzymek and James

i was played wrongly that if there is AP left in the active unit, the unit don't have to turn as USED.

with the correct rules, i think i will try the armor next time.

and thanks alot for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.