German Railways» Forums » Rules

Subject: some questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Omu
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have some questions related to the rules, because it's confising for me? I hope someone can help me

1. What is the "ability" of the brown company? (Niederschlesische)
2.I receive no dividents for "Berlin-Hamburger",until I connect both, even if I have connect this company to another one?
example: If Berlin-Hamburger are not connected, but green is connected with yellow.
3. What is the yellow"X" that surrounds Berlin means?

I rest, the game is very good. I liked a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte Conceicao
Portugal
Carcavelos
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I'm at work currently be if I can recall correctly ...

1 - Niederschlesische pays no city penalty. All companies pay a penalty (costs more to build) if there's already another company in the city.

2 - Yes. "Berlin-Hamburger" only pays dividends when the route between Berlin and Hamburg is finished.

3 - You can only built one route per company around Berlin. The "X" prevents you to do it. It's a visual aid

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
sky81 wrote:
1. What is the "ability" of the brown company? (Niederschlesische)

IIRC (my copy is in the car), it does not pay extra for building into hexes which already contain cubes. IOW if building into a city which already contains a cube, and would thus by default cost $3 by default, it would only have to pay $2 for the city hex and no extra for the cube already in the hex.

Quote:
2.I receive no dividents for "Berlin-Hamburger",until I connect both, even if I have connect this company to another one?

Correct. Additionally that share counts against your income and thus affects your cubes for turn order even though the share (may not) be paying any dividends.

Quote:
3. What is the yellow"X" that surrounds Berlin means?

There are two ways of looking at it:

1) A company may build into of Berlin, but may never build out of Berlin. Berlin is a dead end.

or:

2) A company may have a cube in only one Yellow-X hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mumford
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
ceci n'est pas une pipe
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:

Quote:

Correct. Additionally that share counts against your income and thus affects your cubes for turn order even though the share (may not) be paying any dividends.

We were wondering about this precise point in our last two games - the Belin-Hamburger starts at an income of 1. When it connects to Hamburg, it's income jumps to 4. A player owning a share at this point would move his income cube correspondingly? Even though if a dividend round were triggered he wouldn't get the money?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
photocurio wrote:

We were wondering about this precise point in our last two games - the Belin-Hamburger starts at an income of 1. When it connects to Hamburg, it's income jumps to 4. A player owning a share at this point would move his income cube correspondingly? Even though if a dividend round were triggered he wouldn't get the money?

Yes and Yes. See http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/399748 for the publisher's reply on this exact question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Omu
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you very much for your answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.