Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Owen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When researching the number of CATs needed in the Deathwing mission C.A.T. Hunt (three), I thought of using RoboRally figures for the CATs. I thought seeing Twonky and Company alongside Terminators and Genestealers may not be a good idea as I would start to think about a Space Hulk 3E-RoboRally crossover game, a heretical thought. gulp

RoboRally does have a nice set of maps of a robot-making factory. Several of the maps are not entirely open, containing mazes of walls that block like of sight, providing the limited line of sight aspect of Space Hulk.

Does anyone have ideas how to use RoboRally boards in Space Hulk 3E? Trying to determine how board elements would operate in the time scale of Space Hulk would be a challenge.

Would the industrial lasers kill a Terminator? Perhaps the battlefield effectivness of Exo-Armor might be introduced here. An industrial laser would not instantly cause a fatality but it would cause a loss of one or more APs.

The rare and OOP expansion boards for RoboRally had several environmental board elements such as flamers and radioactive pools. Depending on the type of element, a Terminator and a Genestealer would have different movement reactions to each element.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm... RoboRally boards on Space Hulk.

The biggest challenge is the board is soooo open, no more cramped hallways, etc. So the Marines would have a huge advantage over the stealers, with their ranged weapons.

What you /could/ do is make it more of a race, like RoboRally. Both stealers and marines are trying to reach objectives. Each player has their normal APs to spend, no timer, and after everyone has gone one round (i.e. spent their APs), you apply board elements.

All board elements work as normal, except lasers are just like storm bolters (i.e. roll 2D6, if you get a six on either die, that model is destroyed).

Might work...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
myles
United States
Mustang
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD !!!
badge
100 geek gold and this is all I get? :p
mbmbmbmbmb
How about 2 squads of marines going head to head in a capture the flag setting. Maybe tweak shooting rules by introducing ranges, modifiers for range bands, so long shots harder, close shots easier, etc. Alternate moving one team member at a time. Has potential.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.