Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Luke
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Concerning the World at War edition of the game:
The Portuguese Flag in the Foreign Intervention counter is wrong. The Portuguese flag (since 1910) is green and red with a centered coat of arms. Before this flag, during the Monarchy, the flag was either all white or blue and white.

The Red and White flag used in the counter looks like the flag of the Republic of Malta or the flag of Benfica (the most popular soccer team in Portugal)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike, I answered your note on Consimworld, will answer it here too.

The flag mixup is indeed an erratum - an art department screwup that wasn't caught until too late. To me, it looks like the Polish flag, sideways. Anyway, these things happen.

To forestall the other inevitable question, the flag for Germany features the Balkenkreuz instead of the swastika. This flag never actually existed except for brief use as an aircraft recognition panel by German tanks during the early part of the War. This is not a mistake; I have been informed that it is Decision Games policy to eschew display of the swastika in its games because of the potential legal difficulties in sending copies to countries of the European Union. I know it's not 100% historically accurate by why borrow trouble?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Luke
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this things happen.
Thank you for the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubirajara Cavedon
Brazil
Porto Alegre
RS
flag msg tools
mb
Mike and Brian,

A Brazilian law bans the swastika as a symbol. In other words: it can not be publically shown as part of a flag, banner, badge, etc. But it may appear in photos or drawings INSIDE magazines or books related to History.
For the History accuracy sake I thank the law has forgotten historical simulations.

Brian, congrats for Arriba España!

Cheers,

U S Cavedon
Porto Alegre / Brazil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks; I did not know that other countries outside of Europe had also banned display of the swastika.

And thank you for the congratulations - I hope you enjoy the game!

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.