Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ken watanabe
United States
mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So i know this game was a big deal on its release but i never jumped on board and bam they are sold out.Then i started seeing all the crazy prices poping up on line and i figured i lost out.Well over the weekend my wife dragged me to a huge mall here in illinois and they had a new gaming store in the mall!So as im walking around drooling over everything i see space hulk!8 of them selling for $120.is this a good price?Should i have bought all of them and sold the extra online to pay for mine.I see some peOple are selling the sets minus figures for almost as much?I used to collect star wars and i hated when people would "scalp" the most wanted figures.Would i be "scalping" if i did this?What did it start off at at retail?Thanks all.ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Croatian stores the price is (was) $150.

I would say $120 is still a good price. If you decide later you don't want it, it is almost definite you will be able to get your money back with resale (and perhaps even turn a profit).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
$99 is the US$ price at the GW stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I paid $85 or so the day of release at my FLGS.

I'm on vacation right now, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they still have some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

90-100 euro in Greece...

... if you can find it it is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I paid 70 EUR at a German online shop. 100$ seems to be the standard retail price. IT seems to be harder to get in the USA, so 120$ seems acceptable if you like the game. As an investment, games are about as predictable as shares, so you might better put your money somewhere else. Don't forget that the value decreases as soon as you punch and assemble.

That said, SH is a game that many people love and which may very well be worth 120 $ for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ken watanabe
United States
mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/423300 This is the place if anyone want sit for $120.it seemed like a cool store.Staff was cool.i bought Gloom and tower expansion for Khet.Thanks for all the info on prices.I may ask for it for xmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Langhorne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"I will take love wherever I find it, and offer it to everyone who will take it. Seek knowledge from those wiser, and teach those who wish to learn." -Duane Allman
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a GW store right near Mundelein.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/storelocator/details.jsp?i...

Check there, they might still have some copies left for $99.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$120 seems to be the going rate for online purchases and some brick and mortar stores. I would say that most people reporting in are finding it for the $99 retail price.

What the future holds...
Well there are two different camps on this questions.

Some think that the demand will lessen and that the aftermarket price will go to $120-$150.

Others think demand will stay strong, especially in December, so it will go to more than $150.

Here is a thread I started that may give some insight to future intentions of those who purchased 2 or more copies.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/443541

Unless GW is sitting on a stock pile of Space Hulk (which seems highly unlikely) or is doing a surprise reprint in time for the holidays (also unlikely) the scarcity of the game will drive the asking price up. How high? No one knows but the speculators are praying for higher while those who don't have the game will be hoping for a reasonable/fair price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ken watanabe
United States
mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i thought of going there but when i heard sold out i thought all stores were sold out.hmmmmm,thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ken watanabe
United States
mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MusicToEat wrote:
There's a GW store right near Mundelein.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/storelocator/details.jsp?i...

Check there, they might still have some copies left for $99.

thank you,have some gold

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Langhorne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"I will take love wherever I find it, and offer it to everyone who will take it. Seek knowledge from those wiser, and teach those who wish to learn." -Duane Allman
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's just the online GW store that is sold out. Many of their Brick and Mortar stores still have copies left.

Glad you were able to find a non-inflated copy and thanks for the

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ebon Hawk
United States
Janesville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Board Game Barrister prices everything above retail. I am not sure why, but guess that it has something to do with the cost of the location in that mall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Padilla
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For those interested, the GW store at the Glendale Galleria (near Los Angeles) still has 10+ copies @ $99 USD, I just picked one up this evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Myers
United States
Salem
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of stores in Kenosha WI (just across the WI/IL border) still have it.

The new Games Workshop store has several and Rockheads Comics and Games has some also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kirby g
United States
sheboygan
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Petronius wrote:
Board Game Barrister prices everything above retail. I am not sure why, but guess that it has something to do with the cost of the location in that mall.

They charge over retail for most their items at the bayshore mall location too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Each shop I checked on Long Island still has several.

Grim had at least 8 last night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.