Popular Tags: [View All]
Omar Germino
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caveat lector: The following post is rated PG-13, and may not be appropriate for young minds.

So this past weekend I was going over the rules with a friend, and when we get to terrain bonuses, his wife says

Quote:
So when the unit gets expanded, it can enter the cave. But for now it can just go into the forest.

As some of you know, caves are in the Pacific Theater expansion. And if you're not quite sure what the double meaning is, it refers to

Spoiler (click to reveal)
coitus.

Thanks to her, it's hard to say the word "unit" when referring to the game now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony D.
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing like family, friends and games...and music and beer...and pizza and bean dip...and actually having time to play games...
mbmbmbmbmb
We always giggle like 12-year olds whenever someone plays a "Probe" card in the center flank and announces that they're "probing the center." I picked that up from another post around here somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Probing the flanks" sounds a bit racy as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Sieradzki
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
badge
We don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So when the unit gets expanded, it can enter the cave. But for now it can just go into the forest.

DD
I just only want to know if she said it like that on purpose or it was a serious deliberation!!! Amazing!

Andrzej.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
...in the center flank...

Forgive me for not being able to resist reacting to one of my pet peeves but if it is a flank it cannot be the center and if it is the center it is not a flank.

Now that that is off my chest and in keeping with the theme of the OP, the one Chess book I kept on the top of the stack was entitled, How to Exploit Irregular Openings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony D.
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing like family, friends and games...and music and beer...and pizza and bean dip...and actually having time to play games...
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
Forgive me for not being able to resist reacting to one of my pet peeves but if it is a flank it cannot be the center and if it is the center it is not a flank.

React away. I should have called it the center section. I'm kicking myself mainly because this is the exact sort of thing I would ordinarily jump all over someone else for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb

Flank or not, Probing the Center is usually a worthwhile objective on its own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probing the center after playing Behind Enemy Lines should be worth a medal...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omar Germino
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nightbomber wrote:
Quote:

DD
I just only want to know if she said it like that on purpose or it was a serious deliberation!!! Amazing!

Andrzej.

After I got through explaining the terrain effects of the forest (and after several instances of "unit", which occurs a lot in the manual), she asked if there are any caves. So I'm quite certain it was intentional .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.