Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard S
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that I was getting emails from my students last night asking me how they should study for their exam which is today?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend Skip's Notes. They're good for well.. like it says!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bass
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val K
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
mbmbmbmbmb
thorndor wrote:
that I was getting emails from my students last night asking me how they should study for their exam which is today?

Probably not for you. I'm guessing you already know the answers, right? Maybe you could tell them you could be bribed to postpone the test for tacos.. so maybe it's a good thing! I bet there all kinds of ways this could be exploited for your benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gotten emails at 2:00AM with attached drafts of papers that were due at 8:00AM.

"Can you look at this and tell me if I'm on the right track?"

sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard S
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tbass77 wrote:
not for you.

Actually, it probably is. It is far easier to grade well done work than random scribble. Also, when they get their grade there is far less whining if they have done well. (Somehow, if they do poorly, this is entirely the fault of the test and not the fact that they started studying the night before if at all)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard S
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnRayJr wrote:
I've gotten emails at 2:00AM with attached drafts of papers that were due at 8:00AM.

"Can you look at this and tell me if I'm on the right track?"

sauron

Got an email last night from a student asking me to double check some of the student's work. 5 / 6 problems weren't even close. This does not give me hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
Best of luck to you. I'm assuming this is the same class with the repeating questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thorndor wrote:
tbass77 wrote:
not for you.

Actually, it probably is. It is far easier to grade well done work than random scribble. Also, when they get their grade there is far less whining if they have done well. (Somehow, if they do poorly, this is entirely the fault of the test and not the fact that they started studying the night before if at all)

Ah-ha! See? yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
From experience, I can say yes. In a class I taught this summer, the night before the final exam one of my students kept emailing me asking questions about one of the main skills we learned in the class. Her messages showed that she clearly didn't know what she was doing. I helped her as much as I could, but predictably she bombed the exam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
thorndor wrote:

My wife teaches AP in high school, as well as at a local college; this is SO NORMAL blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
thorndor wrote:
Depends. How much do you like the students you have in your class now, because you'll likely be having them again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bass
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thorndor wrote:
tbass77 wrote:
not for you.

Valid point. I can understand that teachers want their students to do well. My wife is a former HS English teacher. I saw it first hand, and the enormous amount of work you teachers put into it. Thank you.

Depending on the subject, it's one thing if they bombed it because they just didn't study the material. It's another if they never grasped the concepts to being with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Education is wasted on the young. We should make them all work till they are 30, and then let them go to school. They wouldn't whine about it then.

Chit Chat? Oh, sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
thorndor wrote:

Excellent sign! I usually don't get the night-before-exam-study-tips email until the second exam.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
thorndor wrote:

My wife teaches AP in high school, as well as at a local college; this is SO NORMAL blush

Your local college has Analysis Paralysis classes? Wow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.