x y
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i had one rebel world in my tableau but no positive military at all. so imperium cloaking owner was not able to attack me during whole game.

as a last move (13th card) i put another rebel which gave me +1 military power. can this move make me vulnerable? i think no but i can't see it directly written in manual. "The takeover target cannot be a newly placed world (in that Settle phase)." this is not the case as attacker wants to takeover my earlier placed rebel military world.

i think that is kind of answer but i just want to make sure. "Powers and attributes of a newly placed world (being a Rebel military world, an Imperium card, or providing Military or defense) have no effect on takeovers." does it mean that my newly placed +1 makes me vulnerable but only in next turn? but it will be not possible as the game has ended.

second question is regarding using temporary military. if attacker do not declare using some of his temporary military, defender can do that if he wants, but then attacker can't change his mind. this is only two step: attacker decision, defender decision, end, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett Scheer
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Powers on cards do not take affect until the next phase. Therefore, playing a world with + millitary will not make you vulnerable until the next phase.

For you second question, that is how I interpret it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are not vulnerable at the beginning of the Settle phase, you are not vulnerable that phase. In a two player game, a play in the first Settle would make you vulnerable in the second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thoffir wrote:
i had one rebel world in my tableau but no positive military at all. so imperium cloaking owner was not able to attack me during whole game.

as a last move (13th card) i put another rebel which gave me +1 military power. can this move make me vulnerable? i think no but i can't see it directly written in manual. "The takeover target cannot be a newly placed world (in that Settle phase)." this is not the case as attacker wants to takeover my earlier placed rebel military world.

i think that is kind of answer but i just want to make sure. "Powers and attributes of a newly placed world (being a Rebel military world, an Imperium card, or providing Military or defense) have no effect on takeovers." does it mean that my newly placed +1 makes me vulnerable but only in next turn? but it will be not possible as the game has ended.

second question is regarding using temporary military. if attacker do not declare using some of his temporary military, defender can do that if he wants, but then attacker can't change his mind. this is only two step: attacker decision, defender decision, end, right?

For the first Q:
military you have for the settle does NOT apply till the next settle, so you're safe for this phase. As noted, in a 2p adv game, you'd be vulnerable NEXT settle phase if there is to be 2 separate settle phases, not b/c of Improved Logistics.

2nd Q:
Correct.

Special case for the defender regarding temporary military as noted in the rulebook...

You can continue using a partially invoked military power like Space Mercenaries to defend.

E.g.
--You discarded one card to gain +1 temp military to build Insect Uplift Race
--An opponent uses ICT to after go after Devolved Uplift Race (recall Insect Uplift Race is immune since it was just built this settle phase)
--your total military at this point is 2. +1 from Space Merc., another +1 from its pay-for-temp-military power.
--Your opponent commits all the temp military he has and wants to against you
--You may then commit your own temp military. The rulebook says even though you were in a situation where you partially used Space Merc. to build Uplift Insect Race, for the purposes of defending against a takeover, you may go back to invoke the rest of Space Merc. temp military power even though that goes against the RftG series' global rule that powers may NOT be interrupted. If this +3 military of yours (on top of the target world's defense) is enough to successfuly fend off the takeover, then that much did help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.