Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
So here's my question for the more experienced CoH players out there...

Big or little splash with the CAP spending?

I've found the most effective use of CAPs has been to overly buff up a shot I think should kill to get the +4 double kill...

Example:

Firing an LMG at a unit in woods with a DR of 14 (+2 for woods) and spending like 5+ CAPs when taking the shot to ensure a hit, but really to go for the insta-elimination.

I know there are just so many things you can do with CAPs and they are quite situational (like spending CAPs to move a spent unit out of harm's way, or to get that 1 extra hex to fire at someone's flank, etc.).

It just seems like the best bang for the buck for me has generally come in using them in a splashy way as an offensive force rather than defensively to get out of harms way, or position myself better.

Any thoughts? Experiences?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Imhoff
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only use 2 CAPs to change a roll. As far as I know, you can use a card and CAPs simultaneously to bump up a roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phule wrote:
You can only use 2 CAPs to change a roll. As far as I know, you can use a card and CAPs simultaneously to bump up a roll.

Joel is correct that you cannot add more than 2 CAPs to change a roll.

You could, however, combine a Firepower +2 card and 2 CAPs to essentially add 4 to your final attack value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ahhhh I KNEW there had to be a limit on it. Glad I asked!

I'm still getting used to the game system. So far it's incredible. Unique in a lot of ways and the designer notes are helping with both rule comprehension and with understanding why certain things play out like they do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was about to go through my rules again and look where I could add 5 CAPS to my combat roll! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.