Justin Rio
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can look at my game list, I like games such as Munchkin, RoboRally, and Battlestar Galactica. I only like my old MtG and D&D Minis, but I'm not a big collector nor am I into the new things of either.
Some Friday nights I am out at The Game Shoppe playing with a few other folks who have huge collections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Lincoln
NE: NEBRASKA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play Munchkin, bang, catan, etc...still looking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rio
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, a bit. I have found some other boardgamers, but they aren't as frequent as I'd like. Being introduced to lots of interesting short games, but nothing long like BSG or Descent.
I'm also turning more toward my RPG itch ATM. And put on top of that this is the holiday season, I don't have lots of time to spare.
What do you all do, when and where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
IndyOfComo wrote:
You can look at my game list, I like games such as Munchkin, RoboRally, and Battlestar Galactica. I only like my old MtG and D&D Minis, but I'm not a big collector nor am I into the new things of either.
Some Friday nights I am out at The Game Shoppe playing with a few other folks who have huge collections.

I'm available. I've mostly been gaming with the family, but ever since I got my schedule changed and have nights available, I've been wanting to either join another group or start one. So far I've gotten a hold of
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
and gamed with him, but I think he does most of his stuff on weekend days which sadly, I'm unavailable for regularly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Bolster
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My GF and I just moved to the area. We play a wide variety of games including: Battlestar Galactica, Dominion, V:tES, Settlers of Catan, Puerto Rico, Stone Age, Tichu, and tons more. Additionally there would be interest in RPGs. Especially anything Vampire (masquerade or requiem), or 4th edition D+D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rio
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we all get together at The Game Shoppe in Bellevue on Friday night, January 29th? 7:00pm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rio
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have another invitation to boardgame at an individual's house. My invitation has priority, but I need to know if you are coming so I don't miss this one for an empty house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Rasmussen
United States
Bennington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Cowboy Bebop
badge
I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive. I have to do it, Faye.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a small group that plays in Omaha whenever we get a chance. We tend toward the economic and "very little luck" games, though.

We are always looking for people and have played the range of games from Werewolf to Twilight Imperium.

Our current favorite is MegaCorps from Z-Man games. The deal making is what really makes this a fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rio
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jubii2 wrote:
I have a small group that plays in Omaha whenever we get a chance. We tend toward the economic and "very little luck" games, though.
We are always looking for people and have played the range of games from Werewolf to Twilight Imperium.
Our current favorite is MegaCorps from Z-Man games. The deal making is what really makes this a fun game.

Twilight Imperium! I'm still looking to get a game of that in.

Send me your contact info, I'll respond and we can see about gaming some together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McDonald
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Used to game quite a bit at Ground Zero in Bellevue -- been focusing mainly on stuff I can play with the 8-10 crowd at home, but I'd like to try playing with grown-ups again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually play Dominion, Pandemic, Last Night on Earth, Ticket to Ride, Heroscape, and anything else I can talk my kids into playing. Would like to get together with adults and play a variety of games. Please let me know if you are able to get a game night organized in the Omaha area.

I dont have these games but would love to learn and play them if any of have them:

Command & Colors: Ancients
Memmoir 44
Twilight Struggle
Small World
Axis & Allies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Landrum
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
My gaming group is looking for more gamers. We typically play on Saturdays but on occasion we play Friday night or Sunday. For the most part we play economic and strategy games but we also like more social games like BSG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Drontle
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm always interested in playing games. I tend to do Euros more frequently, but I still enjoy heavily luck-based games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Drontle
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh, and I often play with a group of guys that meets at The Game Shoppe in Bellevue on the third Friday of every month at 6:30.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Lincoln
NE: NEBRASKA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I'd be interested in omaha gaming. My collection is small right now but I'm willing to learn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slightly OT, but since we have had folks join us from surrounding areas, thought that you might be interested...

I am considering moderating a no-ship Math Trade for folks attending the Fields of Honor convention in Des Moines, IA (3/11 - 3/13). If you will be in the area, are planning to attend FoH, and would like to trade some games, please let me know. If I get at least a half dozen participants, I will set it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ream
United States
omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone still checking this thread? If so, I'm always looking for people to game with. My ordinary gaming group generally doesn't like the 2 player war games that I do, but I'm not so into the hardcore RPG. Games like Twilight Struggle, Memoir, and Duel of Ages are right up my alley. Let me know if any of you are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Drontle
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm interested. For that matter, I don't get to play my copies of War of the Ring and Tide of Iron nearly often enough!shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sittel
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
I admit it... I am a Euro-gaming snob.
badge
I'm addicted to racing 'round the cones (autocross).
mbmbmbmbmb
Bellevue here. Would definitely be interested in meeting up with other area game enthusiasts. Most of my game-playing is with my 7-year-old son who is infatuated with "Acquire" and "Ticket To Ride" and doesn't much care to play anything else. I have quite a few newer card games that need to be played but until I can convince him to 'try something new'... which also probably explains why he doesn't eat a balanced diet either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rio
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would anyone besides myself find it useful if we set up a mailing list at yahoo or google or somewhere for arranging game meets? I don't come here nearly often enough to make it useful for this purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sittel
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
I admit it... I am a Euro-gaming snob.
badge
I'm addicted to racing 'round the cones (autocross).
mbmbmbmbmb
A Yahoo e-mail list/group would be simple enough. How would it work? Would we be free to announce a game night hosted at our house, and/or plan a scheduled event at a public location, say, the Game Shoppe? The former would require some sort of RSVP to keep the crowd manageable, depending on how many you can comfortably host, or at least having some comfort level before inviting strangers into your home. Having no experience at organizing such an event, perhaps there's already protocol in place...

Would a moderator need to control anything with this list, perhaps only approving subscription requests?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ream
United States
omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well so far, there's only a few of us, so I think an email system would work best. And we probably wouldn't have to worry about too many showing up. the chances that all of us are all available on the same night will be pretty remote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rio
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell ya what, why doesn't everyone who wants to be in on this send an email to my unused address:
master indy {at} yahoo {dot} com
(no spaces)
I can collect them there and send out all the participants from an email I actually use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Taylor
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are now playing fairly regularly in Bellevue and have resurrected the old Omaha gaming guild.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geekguild/view/302

Check it out. There is a calender with a time and location of game days.

We are wanting to consistently meet on Saturdays at 1 at the Game Shoppe. Once we get a good solid core group of gamers we can then decide if we want to add more time slots in the week and adjust the meeting location/locations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm also interested in this. Sounds like there are a number of people out there in Omaha playing. Mike I know, but no one else it seems. I like the idea of the guild page. Thanks Chris for letting us know about it! Family visiting this week, but I may be able to sneak in some gaming next weekend. Will check it out. Hope to eventually meet everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.