Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fritz Juhnke
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A sacrifice capture is only two steps of one's turn, not three. In the position you gave, however, the last gold rabbit on c1 is two squares away from capture in c3, so it would have to be dislodged twice, which would take four steps. Adding in the need to dislodge the c4-cat means Silver is actually six steps from a win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Juhnke
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cherocoy wrote:
Fritzlein wrote:
A sacrifice capture is only two steps of one's turn, not three.
Thanks for replying, Fritzlein, but could you give me a simple example with just a Silver Dog and a Gold Rabbit, as I'm still confused. Just their two starting squares and the two steps which drop both of them in the trap. I would appreciate it

OK, there's your trouble. A dislodgement can't drop two pieces in a trap. Suppose you have the silver dog on c2 and the gold rabbit on c1. Then the dog can move into the c3-trap, committing suicide, while pulling the gold rabbit to c2. But the rabbit doesn't die! Also the gold dog, which is now dead, can't pull the rabbit a second time.

Quote:
Also, you may know the answer to this. Say there is a Silver Dog on c3 being held up by, say, a Silver Dog on c4, and a Gold Rabbit on c2. Would these next two steps be legal? 1) c4 Dog moves away, dropping c3 Dog into the trap, and 2) falling c3 Dog pulls Rabbit in with him.

The first step is legal, abandoning the friendly dog to death in the trap, but the second step is not legal. You don't get to pull by virtue of dying; you only get to pull by virtue of moving, and you can only pull an opposing piece to the square you moved from, not the square you moved to.

Quote:
Thanks in advance for your time.

You are quite welcome. Thanks for asking!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.