Popular Tags: [View All]
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine shipped via USPS over 3 weeks ago and hasn't arrived yet, which seems like an unusually long time. I'm just curious if anyone where I am (Kitchener, Ontario) or farther from GMT has gotten their pre-order yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While hopefully it arrives very soon, I spoke to Melissa at GMT, and she told me that if it doesn't arrive by Friday, they will ship off another one. As always, GMT's customer service shines!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably just waiting for the correct weather chit to be pulled. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Reed
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm in Toronto and I got it about 2 weeks ago. You can get a tracking number from GMT and track it on Canadapost.ca
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drimas wrote:
I'm in Toronto and I got it about 2 weeks ago. You can get a tracking number from GMT and track it on Canadapost.ca

How was yours shipped? Mine was shipped via USPS, so I didn't think there would be any tracking number involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Reed
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
drimas wrote:

How was yours shipped? Mine was shipped via USPS, so I didn't think there would be any tracking number involved.

Mine was shipped by USPS, which is then delivered by Canadapost. GMT can get you the tracking number if you call them or use the "chat live" system (as I did).

Then you can enter the tracking number at Canadapost.ca and find out what's happening with your package. Here was my tracking information.

http://canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrac...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I talked to them through the chat, and they told me they didn't have a tracking number, but could give me the customs number. However, when they looked for it, they couldn't find it! So it looks like they never shipped my order at all. She said they would ship it out first thing tomorrow morning. So I'm glad I decided to check in with them again about it - thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I have a tracking number for it now, although it seems that it's still somewhere over on the west coast of the U.S.

As splendid as GMT's customer service has been, this will probably be my last GMT pre-order. There really isn't any reason for me to pre-order when I can spend less money, wait less, and support my FLGS all at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it arrived! I actually think they may have sent me 2 by accident, as the package associated with the tracking number they gave me is still in transit.

I got charged a 25% customs fee, making the game about $10 more to preorder (and getting it almost a month after my local game store got it), so yeah, that's it for preorders for me.

But, the game looks good! I mean, it's typical GMT quality bits, which aren't fantastic, but serviceable for sure. And although I would always prefer a mounted map, I think I like the paper maps better than the "deluxe" maps GMT produces. And the stickers look to be a good size to me compared to the blocks; I'm not sure what people were complaining about that for.

Now I just have to find time and an opponent to play it with me! Possibly a much more difficult task!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Redpath
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine came week before last, USPS, in about 10 days as I had to reconfirm credit card details.

D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like the original problem was that they had the wrong address, which is unfortunate, as I talked to them at length about my address changing back in June/July, confirming and reconfirming that they had the correct address. The online receipt always said my old address, but when I got them to confirm it, they were able to respond back and tell me my correct address. It looks like the wrong address still got used.

It's no big deal, as I wasn't really planning on playing it until next week when I'm on vacation. My frustration was a bit compounded though by a different order I made through Amazon Marketplace which never arrived at all (it appears to have been some kind of scam.)

In the end, it's the fact that I have 2 really amazing local stores in my city plus the customs charge from ordering direct from GMT that will make me not preorder from GMT (or probably, anywhere) any more. If in the future, I can spend less while supporting both my local store *and* GMT, then that sounds like, as Michael Scott would say, a Win-Win-Win situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.