Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Erb
United States
Parkersburg
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should these be clipped (cut) or just twisted off? Is one technique that is better than another? If they are cut, any tips?

ME

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Johnson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Duck!
mbmbmbmbmb
merb101 wrote:
Should these be clipped (cut) or just twisted off? Is one technique that is better than another? If they are cut, any tips?

ME

Get a set of flush cutters. Like These

Makes cutting them out super easy and a really useful tool to have around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobby knife or clippers work equally well. I would not try twisting off: you likely leave divots in some of the figures.

I use clippers personally, though sometimes I have to reach for the hobby knife as the distance between the sprue and figure is too tight in a few cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Brown Deer
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There were some strange connection points when I was assembling the set I got my hands on. Some points are very thin and twisting leads to higher risk of breakage. I would highly recommend clippers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f s
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clippers are best, hobby knive works ok.

do not twist them off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S.
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The flush cutters work best, especially when the connection is on the peg under the bases. Have a sharp xacto knife for the tight spots between the figure and the sprue. There are a couple of those. With those two tools you should not have any problems at all (always cutting away from yourself, of course).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.