Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Ferrari
United States
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My brother-in-law loves zombie movies and I have thought about purchasing this game for him. He plays boardgames, but mostly party-type games (Apples to Apples, PIctionary, etc.). How long and complex are the rules for this one (i.e. Are we talkiing about Memoir 44 length/complexity or more like LnL type length/complexity).

Thanks
Ralph

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have zero insight into the final product but if I was projecting from the miniatures rules I'd place it somewhere in between the two, probably a bit closer to LnL. For what it is worth.

kwsrv wrote:
My brother-in-law loves zombie movies and I have thought about purchasing this game for him. He plays boardgames, but mostly party-type games (Apples to Apples, PIctionary, etc.). How long and complex are the rules for this one (i.e. Are we talkiing about Memoir 44 length/complexity or more like LnL type length/complexity).

Thanks
Ralph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

The rules are very simple but the game is, in IMHO, extremely boring and frustrating.

If it is going to be played as a party game....watch out, it is soporific and might become a party pooper.

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Trouten
United States
Davison
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elfrododumbo wrote:

The rules are very simple but the game is, in IMHO, extremely boring and frustrating.

If it is going to be played as a party game....watch out, it is soporific and might become a party pooper.

Regards.

Dont go with what was mentioned in that quote. Currently All Things Zombie: The Boardgame is still at the plublisher. Only ones who actually know how the rules are is Lock N Load and possibly Ed over at Two Hour Wargames (Ed is the creator of ATZ), though iirc Ed did mention while the rules are based on his ATZ rules there were some changes that LnL had to do to convert the game over to being a boardgame. IIRC the early plays that may have happened at last years Cons were of the prelimanary rules, and were in no way complete.

We wont actually know who well this game will be play wise until it is shipped. Now if your talking about the original ATZ miniature game and the newer second edition of it (All Things Zombie: Better Dead Then Zed and the Haven expansion, and hopefully the soon to be released Lazarus Project expansion that has been delayed so Ed can do some additional tweaks to it), while the rules are confusing at first, they are easy to pick up after a game or two, and the game is in no way boring, all it takes is a couple of bad activation rolls, to get the game real interesting, and having to have your characters try and get out of Dodge, and forget about looking for supplies, or other survivors, add in the fact that noise (weapons fire) attracts the Z's and you can easily be up the creek without a paddle, especially with the above said bad activation rolls. Both the ATZ versions are probably about the length of say the Warhammer 40k Codex's, maybe a tad longer, but unlike the 40k Codex ATZ is the complete rule set for the game, and Ed also includes examples of the gameplay through out the rules so you can understand the mechanics a little better.

Hopefully this helps you out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're confusing games...

elfrododumbo wrote:

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

I apologize....my eyes read Zombies!!!. blush

Sincerely sorry.

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.