Where There Is Discord: War in the South Atlantic» Forums » Rules

Subject: San Carlos landing other questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bertrand d
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
12.2.2 Can one move from one naval boxes to another other during the deplyment phase ? Looks silly question, but rules mention only movement to and from San Carlos to Task Force and not movement inside the Bay

12.2.2.3 When I read that naval support is only granted if the warship is directly in the naval box opposite the unit, do I also understand correctly that it is impossible to get naval support during the landing of the unit ?

12.2.2.4 Does a CAP or Scramble over San Carlos need the presence of a ship in San Carlos Bay to be placed ? Or is a ground unit sufficient ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My take is this:

12.2.2: Yes, they can move from one naval box to another.

12.2.2.3: Yes. This means the naval support wouldn't be available until *after* the ground unit has landed - so hopefully you're landing them before the Argies counterattack, or hope they last until you can get some help to them.

12.2.2.4: So long as at least a single ground or naval unit of yours is present in San Carlos then you can scramble there or fly CAP. (I think)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bertrand d
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds the more reasonable according to rules.

I have another question about Harriers, in the Malouines War, the first reason for losing Harriers was accidents (wheather, collision, mechanics) but the second reason was AA fire from the ground.

Why is there no rule for Argentinian AA fire during CAP over the Falklands or Argnetinian supply interdiction ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Schall
United States
Evans City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While not related to CAP over San Carlos, there is the chance of Harriers being lost due to missions flown (per certain event cards). Notably, events 19, 20 and 24.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.