Paul Bradshaw
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies in advance if I am being a bit thick here.

During one particular turn the aforementioned Argentine Surface Unit evaded all subs and pickets to launch an attack against the main body. Rule section 13.9.2C outlines that the attack will be conducted by 4 Skyhawks on the zone, as per 'Surface-Air and Air-Surface rules outlined in 10.0 and 11.0. All vessels present....may defend themselves and other vessels normally'.

Whilst I understand all this does it mean that the CAP (the potential of which is not mentioned) of two Harriers that I stationed in that zone gets no initial air to air interception and if so whats the gaming v 'real time' logic behind that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Schall
United States
Evans City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul I would say CAP in the center zone should get to respond. In my 3 games I never had a carrier strike, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradshaw
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers Chris, to be honest that seemed the sensible option to me as well and was the way that I played out that particular engagement. I'm pleased to announce that three were killed and the remaining Skyhawk aborted thanks to Gold 1 and 2!cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Guys, you played it right.

If CAP is there it can intercept.

You obviosuly don't get a chance to scramble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.