Popular Tags: [View All]
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I will be in Toronto, by myself, this coming Saturday, from breakfast to dinner, waiting for my partner to be done work at a trade show. I will be downtown, but with a car to move around if needed.

Are there cafes to hang out at, where people play games? Is there an boardgaming event happening this Saturday? Any chance I could find some gaming partners?

Yannick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Iacoucci
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you wish, you could try driving to Burlington. It's about 25 minutes West of Toronto via the QEW. At the Hobby Kingdom (Walkers and Mainline) they have a board game day every Saturday. Check out: http://www.thehobbykingdom.com/

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin,

Didn't see anything on the website (I'll call them tomorrow). Thanks for the link. What kind of games are there generally? I play euros all exclusively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Iacoucci
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bolga wrote:
Kevin,

Didn't see anything on the website (I'll call them tomorrow). Thanks for the link. What kind of games are there generally? I play euros all exclusively.

If you take a look at the merchandise section they have an event schedule. I took a look and was surprised to find it not there on Saturday! I heard it was dwindling for a bit but it seems that it has come to an end. I know they are playing boardgames on Tuesday as well. Perhaps that works better for everyone.

You could try "The Dueling Grounds": http://www.dueling-grounds.com/#

I've never been there - it looks like more of a wargaming store but they do have Euro's there as well and It's closer to your location as well.

Best Regards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Sebastopol (Ballarat)
Victoria
flag msg tools
That's Karl on the left. Eternity on the right.
badge
I love Melissa, but don't tell her. It's a secret if she can find this. Shhhhh....
mbmbmbmbmb
Catch up on your sleep. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See the CN Tower and Casa Loma! Both are fabulous in completely different ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions so far. One thing that I will not do is sightseeing. I've never been interested in sightseing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just called the Hobby Kingdom and the man told me that there is a group of people who will show up this Saturday to play boardgames. From noon to 10 pm usually. So I will be there sometime in the morning to hopefully catch some action with earlybirds. If you show up before noon, look for me, Yannick. I will probably be looking for some gaming partners.

Yannick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never even heard of "Hobby Kingdom" in Toronto.

I am fairly active in TABS and I know of no open gaming this weekend. If you post on the TABS website that you are looking for gaming and mention what kind of games you like to play, I am sure something will start up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hobby Kingdom is in Burlington.

I'll give a thought to posting a word on the TABS forum. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yannick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.