Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BROGFEST 2010

January 14th through 17th, in Charleston, South Carolina.

BROGFest is The Deep South’s premier get-together of Consim and Euro gamers held in one of the country’s great tourist cities in a prime setting. BROGFest is a gathering of gamers and a great weekend for families.

Location: BROGFest 2010 is being held this year in the center of Charleston, at The Hampton Inn. This is a prime, spacious location, right in the Historic District of Charleston.. Check out their website at: http://www.hamptoninn.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=C...

The Hotel/Rooms: The Hampton Inn is holding 10 rooms at $119 each. Each room has two queen-sized beds. The room price includes full breakfast and a bunch of other goodies. Parking is available on site (for $12 a day), and the usual exorbitant local taxes apply. These rooms will be available for Thursday through Saturday nights. If you wish to book for longer, discuss this with the Hotel staff. And check in time is officially 4 PM, so if you are coming in earlier talk with the hotel and see what they can do.

In order to get one of these rooms you must call the hotel (1-800-426-7866, or 1-843-723-4000), tell them you’re with BROGfest 2010 – the Booking Code is “BFS” - and do it before December 15th. You can always call thye hotel directly ay 843-414-1685 and ask to speak to Latalia,if there are any problems. (There are some more expansive, and expensive, rooms (up to mid $200’s, the usual cost) in the hotel, but they are not part of our agreement.) If you book after that date, you are taking a chance the rate will go up … or there won’t be any rooms.

Other Hotels: If you cannot afford to get one of the above rooms, or there are none available (they are limited), there are many places nearby and/or just outside downtown that you can use and cost rather less than the above. Let us know of your interest in doing that and we’ll send you information.

Travel by Car: We assume most people will be arriving by car. If you need directions, find them on the hotel website (complete with downtown map). The hotel entrance is on John Street, between King St and Meeting St.

Travel by Air: Lots of airlines into Charleston airport (well, there used to be) . . . but, with the way oil prices are rising the prices may have risen slightly. I can still arrange to pick you up with my car.

The Game Room: We will be gaming in the Ashley Room. Not quite as big as last year’s . . . but about the same as the room we used to have at The Vendue Inn. The Ashley Room will be open for gaming from 4 PM AM to 12 PM on Thursday, (maybe longer), all day on Friday thru Saturday, and 1 AM to 2 PM on Sunday.

Games: Anything is playable, although there will not be much space for 6-map monster games. There may be some future games to playtest, as we usually get a handful of designers. Games have ranged from classic hexoid battles, to multi-player CDG’s, to popular Euros and late night “Bang” brouhahas. We suggest using the BROGfest folder on Consimworld (under Game Conventions) to see who’s bringing what.

Food: Charleston is one of the great culinary cities in this country, with more great restaurants per head than any other place. The Hampton Inn is in the heart of the midtown restaurant district, with great restaurants of all price ranges nearby. Several great restaurants are within a block’s walk . . .

Saturday Night Dinner. Perhaps a repeat of last year’s dinner at “Virginia’s on King”, an upscale restaurant featuring classic Low Country food . . . all of it quite good. It should be a great place for our Sat Nite Dinner. The cost should be about $30 per person. Check it out at http://www.virginiasonking.com/

Tourist Stuff: If you’re bringing your family – and many attendees are - there is much to do, and all can be arranged through the hotel concierges. Charleston is a major tourist city. There are plantations, art galleries, carriage tours, antique stores, good theater, or just walking around downtown.

Attendance Fee: The fee is $40 per game-playing attendee, payable
•• by check: Richard Berg, 6600 Rivers Avenue, #716, North Charleston SC 29406, or
•• by PayPal: BergBROG@AoL.com
… before you arrive. Please.

It is very important I know how many will be definitely attending – by paying their fee- as soon as possible, so as to be able to finalize all arrangements.

Contact Information

Please let me know you are coming. We can be reached by email at BergBROG@Comcast.net, or by phone at 1-843-693-2580. If you have any questions or problems, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Room booked and ready to game!! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
how many people went last year, how many to you expect this year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The economy crisis had the attendance down last year. There may have been 20 people. The event usually draws 35-40.

The folder at ConsimWorld.com ( http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?50@806.DD1AaOZqkdi.3@.1dd42... ) has had a lot of traffic. If everyone who says they're planning on coming show up, it could be 35+ this year easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Todd, maybe next year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, Tom. Hope you make it next year.

How's your nephew enjoying his game? Keep that guest house ready, I may get to use it ... one of these days. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Todd,

He loves Battleball, last year when I was there he would come home from school and come running to find me to ask if I wanted to play battleball, which I always did.

Sounds like a fun little con, nothing but gaming sounds wonderful to me. The Guest house is getting a make over but still simple and nice. Now if I can just finish the game room in the new house I will be sitting pretty!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The hotel cut-off dates are coming up fast. If you plan on attending and staying at the host hotel, you need to contact them soon.

Also, Richard is looking those attending to commit with an early payment for the convention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone from the Columbia, SC area asked Richard about a daily rate.

$10 will get you a fantastic day of gaming for those of you close enough to drive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.