Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark walston
United States
foley
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a transport move in the same phase it is loaded (phase 1.1)? Also cn it subsequently be unloaded in phase 2.3?

I'm an old dog and need it clarified for me. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Further details from the FAQ:

Quote:
Transporting units:
Q: The rules state that you may load and move transports. Can you move and then load? For instance I have an empty transport in sea zone J and I move it to sea zone K and load 2 infantry on it from Malaita (in order to evacuate them), is that allowed? Or must you do it in the order load first and move second?
A: No. Load first, move second.

Q: The rules indicate that "you may load land units and supplies from adjacent island zones onto transports." Can I load a single transport with units from more than one island, or must the units that load onto a transports originate from the same island?
A: You can load up your transports from different places as long as the transport has not moved yet.

The entire FAQ can be found here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/article/ah20071115a

Also don't forget this VERY important detail:
RULES ERRATA
Reinforcement:
The rulebook states that players get 5 reinforcement points, plus 2 per island they control. This is incorrect due to an error in the rulebook. The correct reinforcement scheme is that each player gets 10 reinforcement, plus 4 per island they control. The game is playable either way, but Avalon Hill recommends playing the correct way (10 and 4 per). We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

We didn't notice until we had played a couple of games, which was annoying.

EDIT: Made quote more clear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.