Space Hulk (third edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Should I buy this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found Space Hulk in Stock and it seems to be highly sought after.

I know nothing about this game, but everyone wanting it makes me really want it.

Can anybody tell me what it's like and what it's about? The $100 is a bit steep but not a deal breaker if it's worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlexL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is as elegant a piece of deadpan satire as I've seen in the SH3 forums.

Well done sir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
check these out:

DowntimeTown Episode 7: Space Hulk

Whoops – what this game is not

they may give you enough info for you to decide if the game is to your liking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Owen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you enjoy the movie Aliens?

Would you like to simulate the Marine versus Xenomorph action in Aliens?

Do you want to see if Marine firepower and military formations or Xenomorph instinct and hive mind tactics will win a battle?

If you answered in the affirmative to any of these questions, you want to purchase Space Hulk 3E. The game is not going to be reprinted for at least another 20 years, if ever.

If you do enjoy it, Third Edition is compatible with the expansion sets for First Edition.

This week the TearDown group is releasing Alien Assault V1.1, previously a PC adaptation of Space Hulk. It is a free game that is basically Space Hulk on a computer screen.

Alien Assault V1.0 (previously called Space Hulk TearDown V1.0) was removed from the TearDown Web site because of Games Workshop legal issues. You may find it performing a search on Google.

TearDown
http://www.teardown.se

If you do want to purchase Space Hulk 3E, I would strongly try to find a copy for the retail price of 99.00 USD. The current prices on eBay should not be paid because copies appear to still be available in brick-and-mortar stores at the normal price.

One of the best representations of Space Hulk is the video Ambush on DV-224.

YouTube - Warhammer 40K: Space Hulk (Ambush on DV-224)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aViccm7dk94

Fliiby - Warhammer 40K: Space Hulk (Ambush on DV-224)
http://fliiby.com/file/284126/5e5s249eql.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at the photos of the pieces here on the BGG. Read others reviews and keep in mind that there is a chance to end up with parts broke or missing.

Decide if you like the figures or not. Look at the rules for 1st ed for an idea of how it plays and judge for yourself.

If you like the minis and this type of pseudo-scirmish combat. Then yes, its worth it. If you dont like the figures you can allways shell out some extra for standard 40k pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The clock is ticking and the pressure is on.... Will he do it? Will he succumb to the frenzy that is Space Hulk. We know he has the money but does he have the stones to step off the porch and run with the dogs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Strauss
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I´m trying to get 300 years old, so now I´m a teenager
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy it here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewitem&...

gulpshake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Hundley
United States
Danville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps try looking through the Space Hulk forums/postings. Good grief, this question has been asked fifty times already...robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As this forum gets a multitude of posts, these type of posts fall to the bottom pretty fast.

I'm sorry that I didn't sift through the every single post looking for an answer but I did go through the first 10 pages. The small amount of related posts were usually full of snarky comments rather than helpful comments that add to the community, though some were funny, clever, and/or witty, not the most helpful to somebody in need of help.

Thank you to those who took the time helping. You help is greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fredcvbgt wrote:
As this forum gets a multitude of posts, these type of posts fall to the bottom pretty fast.

I'm sorry that I didn't sift through the every single post looking for an answer but I did go through the first 10 pages. The small amount of related posts were usually full of snarky comments rather than helpful comments that add to the community, though some were funny, clever, and/or witty, not the most helpful to somebody in need of help.

Thank you to those who took the time helping. You help is greatly appreciated.

The Reviews section is only one page long and it consists almost entirely out of posts related to your query.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.