mb
Monopoly gets a make over:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8278879.stm

You know you want to whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not even if it had aliens and marines, and the locations were all compartments in a space ship...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Sebastopol (Ballarat)
Victoria
flag msg tools
That's Karl on the left. Eternity on the right.
badge
I love Melissa, but don't tell her. It's a secret if she can find this. Shhhhh....
mbmbmbmbmb
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh maybe there would be Monopoly the BoardgameGeek Game. You buy Puerto Rico and Agricola and Barbarossa to Rome. You play with little wooden cubes - for the eurogamers - or cardboard chits. And You dont have Monopoly money but ressources. Of course there is a d12 instead of two d6. It would make number one fast wouldnt it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it's about time someone did a differant version of monopoly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously. How is this news? "Monopoly made a new version but with TOTALLY DIFFERENT names for all the properties! Oh my god, what a blindingly creative new idea! What will they think of next? What? They've done it like 2000 times already? Basically every university in the United States you say? Oh, never mind then."

That said, a BGG themed Monopoly would be pretty awesome to own in an ironic way. Maybe one that exlicitly clarified the rules that people insist on adding to make the game worse (i.e. "Free Parking - Collect NO MONEY")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin! Not in a box, nor with a fox!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
Seriously. How is this news? "Monopoly made a new version but with TOTALLY DIFFERENT names for all the properties! Oh my god, what a blindingly creative new idea! What will they think of next? What? They've done it like 2000 times already? Basically every university in the United States you say? Oh, never mind then."

That said, a BGG themed Monopoly would be pretty awesome to own in an ironic way. Maybe one that exlicitly clarified the rules that people insist on adding to make the game worse (i.e. "Free Parking - Collect NO MONEY")

Thanks for the flowers! Yes thats a great idea isnt it? 'You can have all the top ranked games rolled into one. "I buy Agricola. And I have Le Havre. Now I can build settlements here. And I can earn victory points with my settlements - paid for by a player that happens to move onto my settlement." Yes settling is fun isnt it. But I disagree. It should be played exactly like I played it when young. I know looong time ago. All victory points that have to be paid by the players must go into the middle of the board and are earned on free parking. And trading is absolutely forbidden.
Oh what fun. Then the event cards. We call them "events on monopoly". And all bgg members can vote. Maybe its "You have the 2nd place in a board game tournament. You get 200 victory points." Or "renovate Your settlements." Or totally new ones like "Its Your birthday. Everybody gives You a new Monopoly Game and must pay 100 victory points." The possibilies are endless!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.