Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
I was curious if anyone had any opinions on it, I just picked one up to replace my older 5th Gen 30g Video...which works fine. Having picked this up I have 30 days to return it and it ran me $320. Now that I have it home...besides the touch screen its really nothing different. Im seriously considering returning it and just using my old 30g Video since it works fine.

Anyone have any opinions on it? I dont plan on doing anything with it other than listening to music and podcasts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not overly familiar with a "5th Gen 30g Video," but the iPod Touch does everything the iPhone does minus the phone. Through wifi, it connects to the internet with a full browser, and of course the 100 million Apps that have been released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you tend to keep the podcasts and stuff, then it is worth it. Mine is an 8g and after what, 6 months, I'm at 3/4ths capacity with my music alone. I wish I didn't try to save money and went for the higher capacities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:
I'm not overly familiar with a "5th Gen 30g Video," but the iPod Touch does everything the iPhone does minus the phone. Through wifi, it connects to the internet with a full browser, and of course the 100 million Apps that have been released.

Are there any good free apps? Or are they all pay based?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rappak wrote:
If you tend to keep the podcasts and stuff, then it is worth it. Mine is an 8g and after what, 6 months, I'm at 3/4ths capacity with my music alone. I wish I didn't try to save money and went for the higher capacities.

Exactly what happened to my (my husband's) iphone! Now he is trying to figure out how to delete songs, which isn't that easy on the stupid itunes! Next time, get the bigger one, for $100 more. =p

When we upgrade to next iphone with a lot more space (maybe in 1 year after 2 year contract is over), I will just use this one as a iTouch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
BoB3K wrote:

Are you kidding, there TONS of great free app. Even the paid ones for $1 or $2 you can find SO many good oens too (Like Pocket God, PapiJump Plus, Wolfenstein, Sally's Salon etc.) I even got Zooleretto for $2 and it was great for when you are bored on the plane I tell you that.

Ones like Pandora, New York Times, USA Today, PapiJump, Shazam, WeatherChannel, boardgamegeek app, Score (created by a bgg and used by bgg's), tons of solataire games, reading apps like Amazon Kindle, music apps, internet Radio app (shoutcast), joke apps, useless apps, cute apps, sleep aid apps, and things like that, a lot are free, and much more. There is an app for everything you need. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
BoB3K wrote:

Well, "good" is subjective, but I think that close to a majority of the apps are free. And lots of pay ones have settled on 99 cents as a reasonable price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
BoB3K wrote:

There are hundreds of good free apps. And most of the ones that I look at to purchase are either a dollar or two. I love the Weatherchannel, TVlistings, Fandango, FML and TWI, Bubblewrap, pandora, remote, and others just to name a few. I say it's completely worth it for the amount of time I've used it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any apps that let one view pdf's stored on your touch rather than having to upload them through WiFi?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to go with a big thumbs down on pocket god. It's fun for about 2 minutes. I wish I had my 99 cents back.

Paper toss is awesome. And amwiles got me addicted to Alchemize. But it's 99cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're not looking for games. The apps I would recommend most.

Pandora!!! iPhone version of the Pandora Web site, which if you don't know what it is you should

Shazam!! Just cool. Listening to a song in a restaurant, want to know what the song is, or who the artist is, start Shazam.

Both of these are free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
Are there any apps that let one view pdf's stored on your touch rather than having to upload them through WiFi?

Stanza, but you have to connect stanza from your desktop and open the pdf to sort of move it into the iPhone as a book. Hard to explain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:

Even the pay ones are occasionally free. There is this free app call AppMiner which you can use to list the free applications. If you keep on it, you can get a lot free applications...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:

Stanza, but you have to connect stanza from your desktop and open the pdf to sort of move it into the iPhone as a book. Hard to explain.

Using it now, this maybe the reason I keep the Itouch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
BoB3K wrote:

There are great free apps and even some that are board game centric. the BGG app and Agriscora (an Agricola scoring app) are great and that just scratches the surface.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
I'm going to go with a big thumbs down on pocket god. It's fun for about 2 minutes. I wish I had my 99 cents back.

Paper toss is awesome. And amwiles got me addicted to Alchemize. But it's 99cents.

It's good for 2 min everytime they update, which is about every 1.5 weeks. So in the long run, might be worth the 99 cents. =p

Also I just like when apps gets updated. =)

Oh ya, everyone forgot about Facebook app, which is free too of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.