Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Dominion» Forums » Variants

Subject: New VP Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to create a custom set of 10 cards to give to the winner of a local tournament I'm running. I have it mostly created, but I can't find the "VP" symbol by itself anywhere in the images or files. Can someone point me to that?

Also, what do people think of the card:

Tournament Champion, Cost 4, Victory
1(VP), worth an additional 2(VP) if your deck contains more Tournament Champion cards than any other.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Yackel
United States
Vadnais Heights
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
banyan wrote:
I'm trying to create a custom set of 10 cards to give to the winner of a local tournament I'm running. I have it mostly created, but I can't find the "VP" symbol by itself anywhere in the images or files. Can someone point me to that?

Also, what do people think of the card:

Tournament Champion, Cost 4, Victory
1(VP), worth an additional 2(VP) if your deck contains more Tournament Champion cards than any other.


any other player?
any other card?
any other vp card?

what i'm trying to say is, you need to be more clear in your wording. otherwise, sounds like a cool card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
heheh, any other player's deck.

Poll
Which wording is clearest?
worth an additional 2(VP) if your deck contains more Tournament Champion cards than any other.
worth an additional 2(VP) if your deck contains more Tournament Champion cards than any other deck.
worth an additional 2(VP) if your deck contains more Tournament Champion cards than any other player.
worth an additional 2(VP) if you have more Tournament Champion cards than any other player.
Other, please comment.
      40 answers
Poll created by banyan
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Ölmestig
Sweden
Halmstad
Halland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
I think it is pretty clear, more than any other player, since it refer to your deck. All your other alternatives makes no sense in the sentence. That said, being extremely clear isn't bad.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
banyan wrote:
heheh, any other player's deck.

Poll
Which wording is clearest?
worth an additional 2(VP) if your deck contains more Tournament Champion cards than any other.
worth an additional 2(VP) if your deck contains more Tournament Champion cards than any other deck.
worth an additional 2(VP) if your deck contains more Tournament Champion cards than any other player.
worth an additional 2(VP) if you have more Tournament Champion cards than any other player.
Other, please comment.
      40 answers
Poll created by banyan

Not enough space for "any other player's deck"?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Bowlin
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would prefer

1VP
(3VP if you have more tournament champions than any other player.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gsbowlin wrote:
1VP
(3VP if you have more tournament champions than any other player.)


That sounds good. So does anyone know where I can get that VP symbol? Any comments on whether it would be a fun card to play with?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Mo
msg tools
Just to remind you that there are 12 victory cards + 1 place holder, so you need 13 in total. Placeholder needs a dark blue back though.

Otherwise, good concept.

Could only find this picture

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dexter1984 wrote:
Just to remind you that there are 12 victory cards + 1 place holder, so you need 13 in total. Placeholder needs a dark blue back though.


Wow, thanks for reminding me; I would have completely missed that.

Also, I went ahead and just made the VP symbol. It's not perfectly cropped, but you can't tell once it's on the card. If you use it, be sure to give it a drop shadow.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"1 VP.
+2 VP if you have the most Tournament Champions."

---

That said, I think the card is imbalanced. I don't have a problem with the VP value of each, but the cost is too high for it to be worth that little. Especially because of the likelihood that there will be a tie for the most of these at the end of the game...I'd say make it cost 3, and make sure that you get a stack of 13 of them (VP cards are stacks of 12 each).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.