Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
1) What I think I've understood is this: you can't place a tunnel tile from a vein unless it's continuing a tunnel that went TO the vein. Therefore at the start of the game, you can't place a tile next to the center starting vein. You're going to have to reach it by some other method. Right?

Correct.

Quote:

2) What I also think I understand is that you can't place a tile next to a city space unless a) you're continuing a tunnel TO that city space, or b) you have a station on that city space. Right?

Almost correct. This is true if the tile's veins go into the city. You may put something next to a city space if it goes across without going into the city, but of course, that vein must be extending something as well.

Quote:
3) You can't place a station on a city space unless it's connecting to a station you already have in the mountain. Right?

Almost correct. It could also be connecting to a station in another city.

Quote:
4) Therefore, at the start of the game, you can't place tiles next to the center vein OR next to a city. Right?

Correct.

Quote:
5) WHICH MEANS . . . I think I get this now . . . the four 4-exit tiles are placed on the board at the start because without them you'd never be able to legally place a tile. Therefore at the start of the game, the first tiles that are placed MUST NECESSARILY be placed next to these start tiles. RIGHT?!?!

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Danila
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Know this is and old post, but here goes anyway.

Your original answer to 4) is correct. The rules explicitly state you must connect to a station in the mountain. Where Dave may be getting confused is that in order to connect to that station in the mountain you may pass through a station of yours in a city.

So you could place a station in a city that connects to another station in a city which further connects to a station in the mountain.

But you cannot place a station in a city space that connects only to a station in a city space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.