Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad news as I was hoping to order around Christmas time. Maybe it will be back in stock by then. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the game get picked up by a larger publisher with some better US distribution. I'd imagine this would move fairly quickly through the GMT p500 system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Guys,

Although I've sold out of my copies a couple of stores will still have some.

I'll be looking at the possibility of a re-print, rpobably in the new year, depending on possible demand.

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bertrand d
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope my order has been duly registered last week

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan Hodges wrote:
Guys,

I'll be looking at the possibility of a re-print, rpobably in the new year, depending on possible demand.

Dan

Any heads up on the stores?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stevens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for once I seem to have acted on time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Moores
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to have just made it aswell. I only discovered the game yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I have been saving for buying this game in Xmas!!! Now I'll have to buy it for an arm and a leg from an american retailer!! For once I could buy in Europe...

If someone could head me to a friendly british online store...

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
german cosimworld.de still has it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, just bought it from an english online store, now I just have to hope that they still have it!!! (and in a few seconds some spanish online store will say that the have it... just my luck)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
abendoso wrote:
Thanks, just bought it from an english online store,
Which one? I looked & couldn't find it in any of my regular searches (in fact, only Spirit games listed it, and they say they're out of stock!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leisure games maybe they are also out of stock but i couldn't find something to that effect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... I must have missed Leisure games when I did a quick trawl round. Glad you found it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abendoso wrote:
Now I'll have to buy it for an arm and a leg from an american retailer!!

Uh... I think it's even less likely to be found in an American retailer. Noble Knights doesn't even say WTID is sold out, the item page is just gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradshaw
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bloody hell!!!!! First of all congrats to Dan and co on what would seem to be a very positive reception to your initial release.

Secondly, I am one of the world's worst faffers when it comes to making a decision on a purchase. I do try to supress initial desires to allow a wider read of reviews and details etc, to help me to gauge whether parting with my hard earned cash is actually worth it. This game has proved to be the exception to this rule and I am so glad it did so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, congratulations to Dan for the game being popular, and condolences, etc for those of you who weren't able to get a copy...

But we who have copies sure are enjoying them!!!! Sorry - had to rub a wee bit of salt in the wound... devil

Actually, I've been there before when I didn't get around to pre-ordering or purchasing a game until it was sold out or out of print (Can you say Twilight Struggle?). So I do feel genuine pain for you.

I hope for everyone's sake this game gets a reprint soon - and hopefully even a much larger run to boot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Grotius
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered it directly from Dan's company yesterday a couple days ago. I hope I made it in time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen A. Cuyler
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! I just hope it sold out on Tuesday, since I finally broke down and ordered mine on Monday morning!

-SAC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Madsen
Sweden
Bandhagen
n/a
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan Hodges wrote:
Guys,

Dan

Dan, you don't happen to know if any Swedish/Scandinavian distributor picked up any copies -- I held off pre-ordering due to the absurd postage hike over the Baltic (ferry) :(

Anyhow, big congratulations on the quick sell-through, and I really hope that you can find the resources to do a reprint . Paper map is all right, if that is what it takes :)

(And please, a Royal mail option for those of us willing to take our chances w/shipping.)

/kgm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping the game sold out, not only because it's excellent, but also because Dan made a small print run. Large print run = lower price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Daglish
United Kingdom
Cheadle
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After having discussed the problems of distributing a game weighing over 2kg with a number of people, last week I was mildly discontented to find Leisure Games selling this game. I wondered if I should mention it here. Putting aside those domestic buyers who can visit a shop and pick the game up for 35 quid, Leisure charge £3.50 post. Multiplying the number of copies printed by the difference between this and the £8.32 charged by the website shows by how much extra the brave boys of ParcelForce will benefit over Royal Mail. If shops and a distributor had been used from the beginning, all of this could have been saved. The military charities would have got a little less, but those last few pennies have cost WtiD buyers a lot. Some would have preferred to donate the £5 difference themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Bultitude
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely the charities wouldn't lose out based on the p&p? The contribution would be based on the £35 tag somewhere.

Anyhow, I'm glad I made a purchase on Saturday - I hope I catch one of them....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cosimworld.de is sold out too.
but a friend of mine n germany ordered 3 at leisuregames some hours ago with no problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Sewell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I ordered from leisure games last night on their internet site. Rang them this morning and they informed me that they are expecting some on Monday. He says these copies have been promised to him before they ran out so he does seem confident he will get them, I hope so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, Dan, seems from people wanting to play your game, getting a publisher for a second printrun should be no problem. especially if this second printrun would have the safetynet of something like a p500 list.
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anthony thanks for taking the time, I was really unsure as to whether leisure game would have the games or not (some online game store announce games that they don't have as they call for them when they receive an order).

Also, I must confess that I was doubtful as to disclose the information on where I bought it in order to avoid losing my petition! blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.