To play Untamed smoothly, the most important concept to understand is how melds are ranked. Ranking follows these general principles:
1. The more characteristics (group, family, animal) all the cards in a meld share, the higher it is ranked.
2. Rank is not affected by the number of cards in the meld.
3. A meld is always ranked based on its highest possible level.
4. The rank of a meld may increase during the game, but it may never decrease.
5. A King of Beasts meld is the highest rank.
Because it's so important to easily identify the ranks of the melds, I might suggest ignoring the rules involving herding and strengthening just until ranking becomes more comfortable.
I will be happy to answer any questions that arise as well.
- Last edited Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:07 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:58 pm