Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Smith
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in storing the miniatures safely, ideally in the box itself. I can see that www.battlefoam.com make an excellent storage solution but postage from USA is horrible ($31) plus I'll probably have to pay VAT on import.

Does anyone know of something similar I can buy in the UK or from Europe? Thanks.

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Timberlake
United States
Conway
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have the battle foam and to be honest I am less than thrilled. Don't get me wrong, it works OK as long as you don't get to animated with your Genestealer poses. I have 3 or 4 GS's that I expect to lose an arm or two any time now.

I will be transferring them to a pistol case that I am hoping will hold the mini's and the boards/bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Couple years back the wife insisted on getting me one of the GW miniatures carrying cases. I hardly ever used it, figuring a way to store my armies in other ways (e.g., magnets and metal containers).

I basically gutted the whole thing and made it my Space Hulk carrier. I still use the SH box for the rules and the counters baggies but it keeps the fragile minis and board sections in good condition.

Just one option in case you've got a disused one of those about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hultgren
Sweden
flag msg tools
Most generic army transport type cases should work fine, but its not a realy cheap alternative. A couple of foam inserts for those should work fine in the box as well, but those arent realy that cheap either. But atleast so can you find some that doesnt cost an arm in postage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

I had an empty chocolate box lid that I lined with foam (after making inserts) and all minis fitted perfectly. The box fitted well inside the SH one and is on the top of all the other components.....covered the minis with a thin layer of foam and placed the Rule and Mission Book on top aswell

Normally, I buy special mini trays for army minis and chits ect but this chocolate lid was made for the job in hand and no expense because I always have foam in the house.

Good Luck with your minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found that some computer parts or other electronic devices will come in decent boxes with the same type of foam you'll find in the relatively expensive army carrier type cases.

I stumbled on a few at work that were being tossed out for recycling by our IT department and snagged them to use as storage for miniatures. This isn't an option for everyone, of course, but something to keep an eye out for if you do have a possible source for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
battlepuppy wrote:
I'm interested in storing the miniatures safely, ideally in the box itself. I can see that www.battlefoam.com make an excellent storage solution but postage from USA is horrible ($31) plus I'll probably have to pay VAT on import.

Does anyone know of something similar I can buy in the UK or from Europe? Thanks.

Andrew

I know of many things. They tend to be pricey though.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/435493

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
badge
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
mbmbmbmbmb
battlepuppy wrote:
Does anyone know of something similar I can buy in the UK or from Europe?

I used a Feldherr RASTER.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Richards
United Kingdom
Woking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love Darren Patton's Idea.

Will be stealing that one.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pete lovatt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
working in IT i can guarentee you that your local IT bods will have stuff in, foam packing usually the dimpled stuff is used for sending things like routers and switches or hard drives and other components.
just ask if you can route through their build/store rooms for foam they shouldn't mind.
be warned however IT build/store rooms are like smashed in space hulks, there's components everywhere and dustbunny's like stealers lurking in every corner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Smith
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of great ideas, thanks!

OK, Battlefoam now out of contention.

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lydon wrote:
battlepuppy wrote:
Does anyone know of something similar I can buy in the UK or from Europe?

I used a Feldherr RASTER.

They have a USA site too:
http://www.us.feldherr.org/us/foam-trays.html?p=2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.