Popular Tags: [View All]
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
Anyone check this out yet? I heard it was good and I want to make time to watch this. Ken Burns is the director of this 6 part series on PBS. You can watch the first two parts online. I've only seen one other series that I really liked by Mr Burns called "The War".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen most of the first two episodes - Sunday and Monday - and I've enjoyed it. I may not be able to catch the whole series, but it has the same high-level of quality I expect from Mr. Burns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm watching Episode 3 right now. I missed #1, but caught #2 and really enjoyed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tsar Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw some of it last night. I don't know if I saw Part II, or a Part I rerun....had John Muir visit with Teddy R. in Yosemite, and Mesa Verde.

I own the War and the Civil War. He does a good job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
We're kind of National Park Geeks in this house, so YES! we are watching it, recording it and loving it!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"I'm not bad I'm just drawn that way"
United States
North Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We missed part 1 but caught all of 2 last night and most of 3 tonight...excellent stuff...
I never really considered doing the 'grandtour' - we never vacationed as a family when I was a kid (other than to go to grandmother's house)
But now I'd be quite willing to go visit some of these places..if we could afford too, that is....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't streamed them yet, but they seem to be online:
http://video.pbs.org/program/1072181584/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
On other Burns works: Baseball was outstanding, as was The Civil War. I've heard that Jazz may be his best series ever, but I missed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't, you gotta see the parks in person. Great idea from Ken Burns, I've liked all his films.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, you should make it a priority to go see our National Parks. Yellowstone and the Redwoods are experiences that will stay with me forever.

I think everyone should go to Yellowstone. And please don't just drive through in one day, as I saw many people do.

You have to get out and walk the trails.

I was told we'd see a lot of wildlife there. We do a lot of hiking, so I'd seen wildlife quite a bit. I was expecting that we'd see a few elk, maybe see a bison or two and if we were really lucky, we'd see a black bear.

I was completely unprepared for the sheer number of animals we saw.

Vast herds of buffalo and elk. It was honestly like being back in time.

We saw coyotes, bald eagle, mule deer, we saw otters eating fish. We saw grizzly bear and black bear(at a distance!!), we saw trout migrating up stream and jumping up small waterfalls.

We saw marmosets wrestling.

We saw two elk having a duel with their antlers.

And then there are the geysers.

It's so hard to describe the whole experience. It was wonderful. I'll remember it the rest of my life.

The most expensive part about going there is getting there. Stay North of the park to save money on lodging, (altho that makes it harder to get to the Grand Tetons.) Plan to go to the park several days.

Everyone should go. It's the trip of a lifetime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
Jatoha wrote:
Everyone should go. It's the trip of a lifetime.

It's on the bucket list for sure. I really want to see Yosemite. But alas it will have to wait for another year because I am going to New Zealand in a few months and I plan on checking out the parks there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Back on PBS and streamable (one a week?) at PBS.org
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinister Dexter wrote:
On other Burns works: Baseball was outstanding, as was The Civil War. I've heard that Jazz may be his best series ever, but I missed it.

I haven't seen his other series to compare it to, but Jazz was indeed superb. My jazz nerd friend loved it as an enthusiast, and I loved it as a lay person. Highly recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.