Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Can some explain or point me to the rules for a double blind game?

I've seen it mentioned but I'm not quite "getting it"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
The basics: you have a map, I have a map. My guys are on my map your guys are on your map and we can not see each others maps.

Double blind can be done in a few ways...

the simplest is that there is a 3rd player who is the Judge. He lets you know what you can see and then puts things on your map.

Other methods involve scouting units that are either always on both maps or a mechanic that lets you have a search in parts of a map etc.

The blip system is a bit of a really simple blind system. Now imagine if the Genestealer player played on his own maps with SM blips and a 3rd player determined when actual models showed up.

-M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Malloc explains it pretty good.
You have two maps and a person to act as moderator between to pass back and fourth movements.

You'd need a blip system for the marines though. so the genestealer is wondering "Is this blip a lone bolter? Or is it a Librarian? Or is it two bolters? etc.

With a single 5 man squad something like
Blip 1=Sergant/Captain
Blip 2=1 Bolter
Blip 3=2 Bolters
Blip 4=special (Librarians or Flamers, etc.)
Blip 5-6=false trail.

Or however you want to mix it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.