Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

1829 Northern Board» Forums » General

Subject: So how much would a copy of this happen to be worth? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I see there don't appear to be any copies of this on the marketplace currently on BGG. If one just happened to have a copy lying around, how much would it be worth, AND as an alternate question, how much would you be willing to pay for a copy...

Specifically 1829 Northern Board, no 1829 that came prior?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
I have both of them, recently acquired. I haven't had time to play 'em yet. I don't s'pose there's a better set of rules that are "readable" somewhere...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than in the box...hmmm...I don't think really...though 1825 is pretty similar...This is the rulings on 1829 by the puffing billy

http://www.mimgames.com/tga/puffingbilly/rulings/1829.shtml

Other than that I don't really know of any thing out there to give clarifications. I suppose you could refer to 1825 which has some clearer rulings and clarifications, but also has many changes in the rules too...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GreyLord wrote:
I see there don't appear to be any copies of this on the marketplace currently on BGG. If one just happened to have a copy lying around, how much would it be worth, AND as an alternate question, how much would you be willing to pay for a copy...

Specifically 1829 Northern Board, no 1829 that came prior?


check the marketplace price history for this data. I had success simply me geekmailing someone close by who had it for trade and asking if they would be willing to sell it outright.

B>
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the pricing utility the green box went for $60 in 2004 but despite being in good condition had a card missing. I keep a weather eye out on E-Bay and the cheapest I've seen one go for is around £45.00.

I have a spare red box copy (southern board) that I intended to use for trade bait but despite the contents being perfect, there is an ugly tape tear on the lid.

Trouble is postage to the US is prohibitively expensive from the UK.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
GreyLord wrote:
I see there don't appear to be any copies of this on the marketplace currently on BGG. If one just happened to have a copy lying around, how much would it be worth, AND as an alternate question, how much would you be willing to pay for a copy...

Specifically 1829 Northern Board, no 1829 that came prior?


check the marketplace price history for this data. I had success simply me geekmailing someone close by who had it for trade and asking if they would be willing to sell it outright.

B>


How do I pull up the history of previous sales for this game. (Edit: Ah, never mind, I figured it out by copy pasting another history and inputting the game id number)

Hmmm, £45 to $60 (wouldn't USD $60 actually be cheaper than £45, at least according to what I'm thinking it is). Isn't as much as I thought it would be.

So from the marketplace Data it looks like it goes anywhere from £45 to £70 in the past. Still nowhere close to what I was expecting. Surprises abound.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, they're also a scarce as hen's teeth, so waiting around for one at a 'nice price' might not work out.

B>
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
Of course, they're also a scarce as hen's teeth, so waiting around for one at a 'nice price' might not work out.

B>


Well, I wouldn't sell a copy for that price. I wouldn't even trade for an equivalent of that price.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Amala
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
"Heke Heke": Hamsterish for "Huh?"
badge
paul@amala.us
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, as a data point, I recently traded my spare copy of 1829 Northern Board for a new copy of Combat Commander: Mediterranean. I considered it a fairly equitable trade.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Whyman
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
I need more TIME
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GreyLord wrote:
how much would it be worth, .... how much would you be willing to pay for a copy...

Specifically 1829 Northern Board

thepackrat wrote:
Of course, they're also a scarce as hen's teeth, so waiting around for one at a 'nice price' might not work out.

I may not be entirely accurate with my recollections, but I seem to remember that the Northern board as an independantly packaged game didn't have much of a print run. Hartland Trefoil instead made the "conversion kit" after a while. Can anybody confirm that?

Echoing an earlier post, 1825 is a better game, and, depending on which units and expansions you have, will scale from 2 players to 9. It covers the complete areas covered by the 1829 northern and southern boards together.

So yes it is rare, but so are buyers. I have the southern board and am not in the market for the northern board.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.