1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Games to play while DRUNK. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: funny [+] [View All]
Balth Maligne
msg tools
mbmbmb
My fellow geeks. I have lurked here forever, absorbing your wisdom of cardboard and plastic. And as I stayed my collection grew. I have games aplenty, each one carefully selected by the amalgamate view of hundreds of geeks. I read your reviews, heard you scathing criticisms, laughed at your dorkish wit. And now my vault contains a cross-section of what I believe to be the finest games a young nerdy gentleman could want. They are the creme of the crop, the best, the elite.

And today I want to change ALL OF THAT.

I have finally posted something after years of lurking the geek to ask you this, what game should I get for my and my friends to play WASTED. I keep coming back to thinking I should pick up a copy of Munchkin, but then remember it's Munchkin.

I would love something in that vein, though. Light without being anemic. Backstabby and full of player interaction. I want the ultimate beer, pretzels, beer, beer, cheesy poofs and Jagermeister game. IS it Munchkin? Something else?

Oh geeks, I summon you!!! Bestow upon me the wisdom of the collective!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tirion O
Japan
flag msg tools
not a boardgame, i know, but i enjoy Magic when drunk. especially ridiculous multiplayer formats like EDH.

and i hate it completely when sober.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I give thee Cutthroat Caverns! Backstabberish good times. I believe the cards even come semi-laminated for sloshy, spill-proof fun. But... learn the game, and play it, before you are hammered, or you will be quickly lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh come on. POKER of course! No better game to play while drunk. Unless you want to keep your money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombies!!! - Get this and add the card only expansion Zombies!!! 3.5: Not Dead Yet. Zombies!!! is one of my favorite beer and pretzel games. Your will worry about what your friends might do much more than that horde of zombies!

Ca$h 'n Gun$ - Well you will be drunk so you might as well point foam guns at your friends while you're at it! It only seems like a logical step...

Munchkin Quest - If you're going to take the Munchkin route then I would recommend the board game instead. It's a silly backstabby good time that is perfect for family play...or with Jameson on the rocks.

Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot - If you want a crazy Ameritrash "take that" card game go with this one. It's humorous and it's more about just having fun than winning. The movie references are funny, plus it's a hoot to see the look on your friend's face when you drop a nuclear bomb on their gleeful bunny trio.

Monsters Menace America - When I think beer and pretzels this game instantly comes to my mind. It's perfect for those night were you don't feel like thinking and stomping things with giant monsters just seems right.

Cutthroat Caverns - This is probably one of the most brutal games out there (it does have cutthroat right in the name). Nice components and plenty of "screw you" moments. What makes it even more sweet is that you need to work as a team to succeed...it makes the betrayal that much more painful for them...devil

Cosmic Encounter - Intergalactic craziness at its finest. Become an alien race and use their unique power to pound your enemies into space dust. Alliances will be forged and broken just as quickly...you will negotiate one second and then launch a full scale attack moments later. You really can't go wrong with this game.

War on Terror - So your friend is thinking about attacking you...you are wearing a balaclava with "EVIL" stitched into the forehead...before he drops the card you scribble down on a piece of paper, "attack me and I will drop a nuclear bomb on your ass". And you aren't even a terrorist yet! You gotta watch out for those EVIL empires. Hilarious and fun game.

Good luck!

~ Bones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Henry
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Super Munchkin - When me and my lady play this after a few drinks the trash talk gets heated. And being drunk screws with your though prosses enought to make this much harder then usual.

Any Dexterity game. Bausack comes to mind.

I think the most important factors in a good game to play while drinking are . . .

d10-1 Make sure the game is short. 10-15 mins tops. Anything past that will have diminishing returns. I can't stress this enought.

d10-2 Keep it simple. Something like Labyrinth fits the bill great. You want something that one person can make a move while other people chat.

d10-3 Your gaming but don't focus on the game. Focus on the table talk, maybe something with a little deception like BANG! or Scotland Yard.

d10-4 Don't over look card games. Let bits = less anger at drunken table bumps

So that said stay VERY VERY far away from Munchkin. It's really billed as a "screw you" game but the down time and math are crippeling. Throw in how much you need to talk about the game at hand really detracts fromt he fun of playing drunk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geez how did I forget to mention the great and mighty Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)!

~ Bones
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Perreault-Dorion
Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Red Dragon Inn, the game is about getting drunk anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found myself in the same predicament not too long ago and stumbled across Wench. Still haven't played it, but it looks like good ol' drunken fun.

EDIT: Also always had fun playing Backgammon on pretty much anything. Just the right mix of simple strategy, luck, and fast gameplay, with plenty of room to bullshit while playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
Game Artisans of Canada Member
badge
My Best Bud Parker 2004-2016
mbmbmbmbmb
Apples to Apples
Say Anything
Jenga
Mexican Train
Monopoly Deal Card Game
Loot
Unnamed Object
Saboteur
UNO or Crazy Eights
Bacchus' Banquet
Bohnanza
Ultimate Werewolf: Ultimate Edition
Chez Geek
Zombie Fluxx
Buccaneer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Fuller
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quelf
Argue
Moods
Split Second
Hedbanz for Adults!
Loaded Questions
Smarty Party!
Catch Phrase!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I know it seems like I'm a skipping record, but this is one the reasons I like Tichu. I can play while sipping a glass of whatever and still play better than most, while shootin' the shit too.

But there's some damn fine suggestions on this page...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Oh, and shouldn't this be a geeklist..? ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Life is Short; Play Games!
badge
The BixCON Series of gaming events: A combination of Great Friends, Great Food, & Great Drink!
mbmbmbmbmb
*sigh*

Another Tichu Evangelist. I have enough of them that are local to me. Isn't there a 12-step program for you folks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
play SET, a pattern recognition game, and require a person who calls out set to take a drink (whether they are right or wrong). Pretty soon no one will be able to find any sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balth Maligne
msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow! So many games! Red Dragon Inn looks like a hoot...

And that one with the Killer Bunnies.

The only fair way of evaluating these is to go pour myself a gin and tonic. What else we got, o' Doctors of Dicing while Doused!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Dearborn
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Balderdash was always fun after a case of beer or two, hey a game based on BSing is a natural.

Also, anything with Pirates or Boobies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Miller
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drinking + Tichu = Pantsless Tichu.

Do with this information what you will.

Red Dragon Inn's a great one, too.
I haven't yet played Set while drunk, but can only imagine that it would be great.

Revolution! can be played with as little or as much strategy as you want, and it's designed to get people yelling at each other, so I highly recommend it as a drinking game.

--ElSoy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Carlton
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BANG! of course.

We usually play the house rule that none of the cards work unless you yell the Italian name which of course gets louder as everyone has a few. You can even turn it into a drinking game pretty easily by making people drink whenever anyone plays a birra or tequila.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Hedden
United States
Greenville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Chopstick Dexterity MegaChallenge 3000
Hamsterrolle
Bausack

Dexterity games rule this state of mind. Bausack stays in my car for such occasions. I have yet to come across any group not willing to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another vote for Killer Bunnies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAUL OCONNOR
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Liar's Dice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornerstone should be fun when people have had a few too many.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei Jen Seah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised nobody has suggested:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
Ireland
Killarney
Co. Kerry
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ubongo and Loopin' Louie. That is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Cunningham
United States
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It's not "back-stabby," but I can't think of a game that provides more laughter than Snorta! when drinking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.