Geir Erik Ø
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
Geeks!
badge
Hello!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone help me with the following articles for WHQ?

Deathblow 1, 2 and 3

White Dwarf: 185, 186, 190, 192, 193, 195, 201, 204

Citadel Journal: 18, 29, 32, 33, 34, 37

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Im looking for the Deathblow and Citadel articles as well.

The White Dwarf articles have at least been collected into two PDFs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geir Erik Ø
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
Geeks!
badge
Hello!
mbmbmbmbmb
Old Advanced Heroquest and heroquest material seem to be much more common.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Winter
United Kingdom
Hawarden
Deeside
flag msg tools
badge
Someone gave me 88gg for a rules translation and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
the dark secrets article from 190 is here, might be more if you browse...

http://www.wqchronicles.com/misc/misc.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
I would recommend downloading a good torrent client (uTorrent) and searching isohunt.com for 'Warhammer Quest'. The first links are massive collections of pdfs (both image scans and OCR scans) of all of the rules. Ping me if you need help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Parker
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep same here or mininova.org has the same torrent just search warhammer quest and you should find most of those. The only things missing are the bounty hunter rules/errata and outlaw I believe from the citadel journal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geir Erik Ø
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
Geeks!
badge
Hello!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply.

I'll try the that Torrent stuff. I the kind of person that don't use unfamiliar tecnology until I have to. I still play my music on a CD-player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I still play mine on a record player. And an ipodTouch. :-)

Unfortunately the only way to collect some of this stuff anymore is through the widely available and easy to use BitTorrent client and search sites. so much of the information that used to be posted in archives on websites has since been removed.

Ah I miss the good ole days.

~Floyd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will has the right idea. TONS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tio
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Floydski wrote:

I still play mine on a record player. And an ipodTouch. :-)

Unfortunately the only way to collect some of this stuff anymore is through the widely available and easy to use BitTorrent client and search sites. so much of the information that used to be posted in archives on websites has since been removed.

Ah I miss the good ole days.

~Floyd

Indeed, in addition there are a whole load of Citadel Journal copies on the Edonkey Network, you will need to download and install a client like Emule, they also knock about on Rapidshare, http://ineedfile.com/ will allow you to search for the copies you need. I have Journal 18 but not the others I have tried to find them but no avail .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cerith Morgan-Jones
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've still got a load of Journals. Not sure exactly what issues, I'll have a look when I get in from work.

Not looking to get rid of them but I did recently acquire a printer with a scanner and I'm not adverse to sharing.

I'll post what I have when I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cerith Morgan-Jones
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly my journal collection is less extensive than I remembered.

However, I do have a load of files on my PC. If anyone is after anything in particular feel free to PM me and I'll see if I've got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cerith Morgan-Jones
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wlybrand wrote:
I would recommend downloading a good torrent client (uTorrent) and searching isohunt.com for 'Warhammer Quest'. The first links are massive collections of pdfs (both image scans and OCR scans) of all of the rules. Ping me if you need help.

I tried this last night and did indeed find a torrent that seems to have pretty much everything in it. Sadly it's 450+mb and uTorrent wouldn't go above 4kbs download speed.

Anyone else have this problem?

I admit I don't know much about torrents so it could well be something I'm not doing right.

Also would it be worth creating a thread where people can list what files they have for the purpose of sharing as surely between us we could get everything we need or would this be against BGG rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Torrents typically take a much longer time to download than conventional files on a website. This is because you are actually downloading chucnks of the file from multiple other peers instead of one server hosting the file. 4kbs sounds slow to start with, but depending on your connection, number of other people sharing the torrent, and so forth, your download speeds can be wide ranging. I would suggest that you set up the torrent and just let it run overnight. When you come back the next day, or days, you'll have it all set.

I could help out with the articles you are looking for but they are fairly large in size. That's one of the reasons I suggested the torrent solution, plus you'll get everything else!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cerith Morgan-Jones
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried it again yesterday and got speeds of 50kbs this time. Downloaded the majority of it now. Will turn it back on later to finish as I don't like leaving things on in the house when I'm not in.

Thanks for the suggestion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.