Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jani Rönkkönen
Finland
Lappeenranta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Inquisitio is the first published game I have designed. The game first came to existence in 2006, when Finnish Board Game Society arranged their first game design challenge. I had already the concept in mind, but the contest gave the push finish the game. I did not want to make the players torturers, but instead gave them the roles of the victims. While the primary purpose of the game is to be fun to play, I also hope that the theme gives people something to think about. It is important to remember also the horrible mistakes in history, so that they are not repeated in future.

The game turned out well and it was declared winner of the contest. Bruno Faidutti even mentioned it as one of the highlights of his trip to Ropecon (http://www.faidutti.com/index.php?Module=divers&id=440). Finding a publisher for the game, however, turned out to be difficult due to the somewhat exceptional theme. Finally Tuonela productions took interest in the game. Their graphic designers also created the very nice outlook.

As a whole I am very pleased of the game. It offers a nice mix of strategy and luck in a short game time. The graphics are stylish and fit to the game well, but do not unecessarily undermine the grimness of the theme. We have had a lot of fun with the game during the testing and I hope that you will have too.
Inquisitio can be ordered from www.tuonelastore.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with that - I will get my copy soon and have it on the table as soon as possible.

It is great to have a kind of different medieval game, instead of all those "soft-coloured, idyllic fairytale-knights and youknowwhatImean"-kind of art!

Any plans for further games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jani Rönkkönen
Finland
Lappeenranta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
duchamp wrote:
Any plans for further games?

I have a few promising prototypes, but no exact plans for publishing them yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kornev
Russia
St.Petersburg
flag msg tools
Thank you Jani. I bought your game during my visit to Helsinki last Saturday without any idea what's inside, just after seeing the design of the box and reading the brief description. We played it yesterday with five people participating (3 guys, 2 girls) No one was disappointed. No, wrong words. Everyone had fun and was happy to play this game, though it's reaaly cruel and dark) One died in pain after loosing part of his body not having money to bribe. Two were burnt as they had equal guilt points. But I survived on the edge of loosing sanity and health. Waiting for the next friday night to introduce this wonderful game to a larger group of gamers)
Thank you again from Russia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warlock
Italy
Castrocaro Terme e Terra del Sole
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I just asked my friend to take a copy for me in Essen

Your game looks very appealing, I hope for your autograph on a copy!

I'm already know the product Tana dei Goblin known Italian foundation

Congratulations from Italy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.