The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First time I've ever seen BGG under attack by a spammer. Some new user named "jackassjor" has made at least 19 spam posts by my count. I encourage all of you to visit his posts (http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/browse/region/1?username=jac...) and mark both the thread subject and the OP in each thread with the big red X denoting a "Rules Violation". In the drop-down for "Reason", select "Spam". The sooner we get this guy banned and his posts deleted, the better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just because he is selflessly telling us where we might get discounts on nike shoes? Hows want boots!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just drop a note to an admin. They're usually really quick to respond to stuff like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schoner
United States
Marietta
GA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
As a matter of fact, I AM the boss of you.
mbmbmbmbmb
And indeed, the posts seem to be gone already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bill_andel wrote:
First time I've ever seen BGG under attack by a spammer.

Wait, and you've been registered since 2004???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
bill_andel wrote:
First time I've ever seen BGG under attack by a spammer.

Wait, and you've been registered since 2004???

(shrug) Maybe the attacks were more limited in scope or the admins just got to them more quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the main reasons that we get few spammers on here is the fact that we do not use 'standard' bulletin board software like vBulletin. In the outside world, most spammers are probably spambot programs, and it is presumably not worth the spammers while to write a special bot for this one forum (though it might become worth their while if the number of forums (or is that fora?) on the platform grows.

I moderate a forum that uses vBulletin, and around half the new members we get are spambots. We spot most of them before they post, but we do still regularly get spam poste, and thus much of our moderating time is clearing up the mess. Sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.