Popular Tags: [View All]
badalchemist
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for a game with a similar theme to the computer game Black and White. It would be essentially village building, worker placement, and resource management, but with the added twist of gods/mythology and being able to make meaningful choices, such as choosing between a benevolent god or a vengeful god. I noticed there is an Age of Mythology board game, but I'm looking for alternatives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Lantz
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, don't think that games exists. You can find mythology themed games, or resource management/worker placement games, but not a game that does both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Nichols
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
An advanced search for "Mythology" and "Worker Placement" turns up nothing. Approaching the problem from a different direction suggests that this geeklist about games where you play a god might be a decent place to start. I don't know much about the titles highlighted there, but you might find something that approximates what you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
badalchemist
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danweasel wrote:
An advanced search for "Mythology" and "Worker Placement" turns up nothing. Approaching the problem from a different direction suggests that this geeklist about games where you play a god might be a decent place to start. I don't know much about the titles highlighted there, but you might find something that approximates what you want.

Awesome list, thank you very much. Just the other day, I actually stumbled upon Chaos in the Old World, and while it doesn't fulfill the worker placement and village building aspect, I do very much like that each god plays very differently and has a unique path to victory. I'm strongly considering putting it in my next batch of purchases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.