Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Google Image Results - I wish there was a way to go straight to the full image without first loading the cached page the image came from. All that results in is some extra waiting as a bunch of useless ad servers on someone's lame blog freezes up my computer for a few seconds until they load.

2. OSX 10.4 - It seems everything made for a Mac these days requires OSX 10.4 as a minimum requirement. My machine runs 10.3.9. This started with Amazon's mp3 downloader, but the trend has caught on everywhere, most recently preventing me from playing Hedgehog Launcher 2.

3. .copm - Sometimes I'm a little too boisterous when I type in a URL and it ends with something like ".copm" or ".coim". The browser could really benefit from an auto-correct macro here. At the very least, I could use some more nimble fingers.

4. Easily Bruised Bananas - Our supermarket changed owners and the banana distributer changed with them. These new bananas bruise when you look at them funny. I couldn't even enjoy one yesterday because it got completely smashed by a small container of unstolen yogurt. Weak.

5. The Math Trade Saga, Part 1 - Holy crap, six of my eleven entries got traded? That's more than I've ever traded across all of my previous math trades! Aw nuts. Now I have 6 games to package, find boxes for, mail out, etc.

6. The Math Trade Saga, Part 2 - Why does TAMSK have to come in such a big box? How come boxes are either way too tall or have a dimension half an inch too short? How come boxes at Staples must be bought 3 at a time?

7. The Math Trade Saga, Part 3 - Hey, FedEx boxes are free, and ground shipping is the same as USPS Parcel service plus packaging costs. Well, that's easy. Except, after filling out these five forms, it turns out the boxes are only for FedEx Express shipping (wait... Federal Express Express?). FedEx Express, as it turns out, is for everything but ground shipping.

8. The Math Trade Saga, Part 4 - Fine, screw it, I'll pay the extra $5 per shipment. I just want to get out of here. I have to fill out slightly different forms now? Augh! Plus, I keep writing the recipient's address in the sender's field. In the period of one hour, I've written my address about 18 times.

9. The Math Trade Saga, Part 5 - This one's going to Canada. I have to fill out a customs form? But I already have the information down on this form. Besides, the customs form you gave me is for commercial shipments, this one isn't. Country of manufacture? Who the hell knows? Fine, I'll do whatever you want if it gets me out of here. (I write a random nation in that field.)

10. The Math Trade Saga, Part 6 - Thanks for swiping my credit card before telling me how much it all costs. That's real cool. $60 to ship to Canada?! Whoa whoa whoa. The site estimated $15. Yes, I'd like to check the website here. You're going to charge my credit card 30 cents a minute to check? Really?!

11. The Math Trade Saga, Part 7 - See? $15 when shipped international ground. I know I can't use this box. Just sell me one I can use. I'd rather save the $40 difference... except you can't. Despite being at a FedEx shipping center, I can only ship a package via international ground if I set it all up online from one of those computers over there you'll charge me 30 cents a minute to use.

It's safe to say I'm only participating in no-ship math trades from here on out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard S
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And now we learn why I only participate in math trades that allow me to limit my shipping in some way. Either US only or max of $10 or something similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuuli Mustasydän
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#1: If you're using Firefox, this extension could help: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/743
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
When I heard the learn’d astronomer; When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me; When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them; When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with
badge
much applause in the lecture-room, How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick; Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself, In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time, Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars. W.W.
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
1. Google Image Results - I wish there was a way to go straight to the full image without first loading the cached page the image came from. All that results in is some extra waiting as a bunch of useless ad servers on someone's lame blog freezes up my computer for a few seconds until they load.

If you have Firefox + Grease Monkey, here is the solution for that problem. It also brings up the full image on mouse-over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyrannosaurs might have suffered from pigeon parasites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
from http://howto.wired.com/wiki/Say_Oktoberfest-related_Phrases_...

Quote:

Bappn (n.) (BAHP-en)
Mouth or face; particularly one contorted due to pain or a bad mood. Useful in expressions such as: "Hoit dai Bappn!" ('hold your mouth', or 'shut up!')
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, you're annoyed that you can't run a three versions downlevel Operating System? One that isn't even supported by the manufacturer anymore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eggplantia5 wrote:

I've apparently gained a lot of weight in the face too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
eggplantia5 wrote:

I've apparently gained a lot of weight in the face too.

No, I want you to gain more weight in your face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
9. The Math Trade Saga, Part 5 - This one's going to Canada. I have to fill out a customs form? But I already have the information down on this form. Besides, the customs form you gave me is for commercial shipments, this one isn't. Country of manufacture? Who the hell knows? Fine, I'll do whatever you want if it gets me out of here. (I write a random nation in that field.)

You didn't use Fedex to ship to Canada, did you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ookami Snow
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife runs an Etsy store and needed to ship something to Canada quickly, she chose FedEx because they said that 3 day shipping would be around $15 instead of $60 like everyone else did. She had the same problem with all the forms and crap, and then it got there a week later... so she could have just picked a different service for cheaper since it didn't make it in the correct time anyways.

That was her first and last experience with shipping FedEx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Genghis wrote:
erak wrote:

Good lord no. I've had it with fedex. Good ol' USPS from here on out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
1. Google Image Results

If you use firefox, there is a great add-on called CustomizeGoogle, it allows you to do that.

Quote:
a small container of unstolen yogurt.

wow, that is a first, isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
Genghis wrote:
erak wrote:

There's a reason I always use USPS. Although I have the same problems with box sizes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No love for UPS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
Genghis wrote:
erak wrote:

Good call. thumbsup

Google "brokerage fees" to find out why USPS is the only way to ship north of the border.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.