Todd
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
I own Scripts and Scribes and really like it, but the theme is a hard-sell with my non-gamer friends (not to mention the dark hard-to-discern art). So I created a new set of cards with a new theme: "Influence Peddlers."

Players are competing high-powered lobbyists on Capitol Hill vying to be the most powerful "Uber-lobbyist" in D.C. They try to control politicians in the Senate and the House (replacing scribes and illuminators in the original game) and the sources of power that influence legislation ("Voter Support" "Secret Deals" and "Special Interests" replacing manuscripts, scrolls, and supplies.)

Campaign contributions are the "gold" that make it all happen as you influence leaders and constituents through quid pro quo contributions. The Bishop is replaced by The President (of course) as he uses his "bully pulpit" to influence outcomes in the Legislative Branch of government. I've added an optional card for the President -- "Veto" which enables the player controlling the President to remove one of the dice from the game. Obviously this is a powerful card and so many of you won't want to include it in the game.

Two decks.

The second deck has some room left so I added "Weelong" and some cards for "Glory to Rome" to fill the space.
Deck One:
http://www.artscow.com/share/zi8ib48gpam0
Deck Two:
http://www.artscow.com/share/tntq3oq0hpr9

Enjoy. Also, since there is room in the 2nd deck, if you come up with good ideas for cards, let me know and I'll add them.

Also, the first person to geek mail me with the names of all the politicians depicted in the Senate and House cards (6 total characters), will win 2 geek gold. (we have a winner)

Finally, this is for folks who already own Scripts and Scribes. If you do not own it, then please send $$$ to the game's creator Steve Finn. thedoctor@doctorfinns.com

Example cards:

(card back)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is by far the best retheme for S&S that I've seen. thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice retheme. Did you get (or even seek) permission to share the files?

I'm wondering since I have also rethemed the game and wasn't sure whether the files would be welcomed or not. You can see my effort here: Item for Geeklist "Games I've Rethemed"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.