Subject: Character Charges & Discharge Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Earp
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Jonathan,

Just received the game today. Thanks, really like the theme and feel to the game even though I have suffered two solo disastrous losses!

Please can you explain when Character Charges take place. As I understand it from the rules each team member can charge one card during rest however I am confused due to the wording on some of the Character cards. For example ..

'Tactician' charges at the start of each combat. Can he also charge at rest? Does combat refer to the start of a Monster event or during each round of combat?

'Stone Cold Killer' & 'Psychic Blaster' charge at the start of each turn. Does this mean that they can charge without a rest being taken?

'Pyrokineticist' charges during a rest action. Please can you clarify.

Discharge - For example 'Stone Cold Killer', Do you decide to Discharge 1 to gain +2 to your combat roll before or after rolling ?

Many thanks .. Davey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Leistiko
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Davey,

daveyearp wrote:
Just received the game today. Thanks, really like the theme and feel to the game even though I have suffered two solo disastrous losses!

Glad to hear that you like the game. Sorry to hear that it's been hard to win. I'm especially glad you wrote with questions. I appreciate that you took the time to ask for help. Let's see if we can't clear things up a bit...

daveyearp wrote:
Please can you explain when Character Charges take place. As I understand it from the rules each team member can charge one card during rest however I am confused due to the wording on some of the Character cards. For example ..

You can only charge character cards that can take charges. When you take a rest action, each member of the team gets to pick one of their character cards that can take charges and charge it. You can also use The Scientists (and some other cards) to charge cards.

Some character cards have extra rules on them that also let you charge them at other times. These extra rules work in addition to the standard rules above. In other words, they're cumulative effects (unless the card directly contradicts the rule book). This is probably what's confusing you.

daveyearp wrote:
'Tactician' charges at the start of each combat. Can he also charge at rest?

Since the rules on the card do not contradict the rules in the book, they both work. Tactician charges at the start of each combat, and can be charged during a rest action.

daveyearp wrote:
Does combat refer to the start of a Monster event or during each round of combat?

At the start of each monster event. If it charged at the start of each round of combat, it would say, "Charge this card at the start of each round of combat."

daveyearp wrote:
'Stone Cold Killer' & 'Psychic Blaster' charge at the start of each turn. Does this mean that they can charge without a rest being taken?

Yes. They charge at the start of the turn, and you can charge them during a rest action.

daveyearp wrote:
'Pyrokineticist' charges during a rest action. Please can you clarify?

If you rest, Pyrokineticist automatically gets a charge. If you pick it as your card to give a charge to, it will get two charges - one for what it says on the card, and one from you picking it as your rest action charge card.

daveyearp wrote:
Discharge - For example 'Stone Cold Killer', Do you decide to Discharge 1 to gain +2 to your combat roll before or after rolling ?

You pick after you roll. This is the "default" way to use charges. The only card I can think of that forces you to spend the charge before rolling is Psychic Blaster.

daveyearp wrote:
Many thanks .. Davey

You're very welcome. Thanks again for asking, and good luck on your future missions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Earp
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Brilliant, Thanks again for the clarification.

Davey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.