Pete Grey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A great game! My first print and play project. With minis to boot:

I plan to use these guys in a Space Hulk variant soon, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hooked after playing Pete's home made copy. It's simple, it's basic - but it's fun.

I'd love to find an original copy some day, but I'm inspired enough by playing Pete's to try making my own. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
It was released, along with a WFB equivilent, as a kids game to fob-off the below-high-school-age-kids that plagued GW in the mid-to-late 90's.

The staff where NOT to promote it to anyone else and it was thus considered a "gag game" to serious players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? That's interesting.

Was it released just in England, or in all GW stores across the globe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I've never seen this game, and I probably would have boughten it had I did. Never liked the WH/WH40k stuff, but loved GW's boardgames, like Space Hulk, Blood Bowl, Block Mania, Talisman, etc.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fong Weihong
Singapore
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game has a flaw in that you need a Sergeant to have a chance of winning at the end(or heavy weapon guy to provide a +1 bonus but he's unlikely to survive).

The Lurker player can plop 6 lurker tokens right on the dropship and the marine player has to beat a score of 6 to win, meaning he must have a +1 bonus(from the Sergeant or heavy weapon) and roll a 6 on either of 2 dice.

You will need a bit of variant rules unless you like how the marine has no chance of winning if his +1 guys are down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
WhiteKnight85 wrote:
Really? That's interesting.

Was it released just in England, or in all GW stores across the globe?

I honestly don't know.

They arrived in our "new release" portion of our weekly order (the stuff we just get sent unbade), and we had to phone the dispatch office to find out what the hell they where and what to do with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hultgren
Sweden
flag msg tools
dustbiter wrote:
The game has a flaw in that you need a Sergeant to have a chance of winning at the end(or heavy weapon guy to provide a +1 bonus but he's unlikely to survive).

The Lurker player can plop 6 lurker tokens right on the dropship and the marine player has to beat a score of 6 to win, meaning he must have a +1 bonus(from the Sergeant or heavy weapon) and roll a 6 on either of 2 dice.

You will need a bit of variant rules unless you like how the marine has no chance of winning if his +1 guys are down.

Its pretty much over if the +1 guys are dead and you should be able to keep atleast one of them alive until last anyway as you controll who dies in a stack.

But the game is pretty stacked in the lurkers favor, so making some houserules to make it more even would be fine. On the other hand so is the fun part of the game the insane difficulty level

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeDowd wrote:
The difficulty level for marines seems almost exactly on par with Space Hulk's Suicide Mission, ie. nigh impossible, and yet I feel compelled to try again to see if I can just get around that corner. As far as losing your sgt, it's kind of like losing the flamer in Suicide Mission, game over.

Except that Suicide Mission isn't that difficult

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.