Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ken watanabe
United States
mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

io9 is reporting that Codex Pictures, the guys that did all those Bionicle DVD movies for Lego, will be making a CG DVD movie based on Warhammer 40,000 called Ultramarines. Here is literally all the info available on the project from the official site:

The moment fans have been waiting for is finally here... for the first time, the Warhammer 40,000 universe will be realised in a feature-length movie on DVD.

Ultramarines is a 70-minute sci-fi thriller that will use CGI and state-of-the-art animation production techniques. Games Workshop is delighted to be working with UK-based production company Codex Pictures, who have the momentous task of bringing the Warhammer 40,000 universe to the screen.
Yeah... not much info. But I still thought you guys would want to know instantly.
COPIED FROM TOPLESSROBOT.COM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Terhune
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
This is a blatant example of frivolous geek gold spending.
badge
I spent 100 geek gold and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
kenchan13 wrote:
for the first time, the Warhammer 40,000 universe will be realised in a feature-length movie on DVD.

Not quite. It's just the first time that a Warhammer 40,000 movie will be allowed to be released by GW.

GW refused to allow the creators of Damnatus to release the movie after they'd finished it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert C Kalajian Jr
United States
Simsbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's actually been 3 attempts for far for a 40K movie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just musing about this the other day as a newer fan to the game (W40k). Who would work well as a Space Marine for any potential movie? A few picks off the top of my head:

Vin Diesel
Michael Biehn (could be an older Captain or something)
The Rock (could play a Red-shirt without too many lines, LOL)

I need to think on this bit before I add more...but this could be really cool news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zZzZzZzZzZzZz

As long as there are children willing to spend their parents' money in the latest 50 € miniature that totally kicks the ass of last month's 50 € miniature, GW will keep overstretching their franchise instead of putting forward good new games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest Schubert
United States
Polk Township
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
HeinzGuderian wrote:
zZzZzZzZzZzZz

As long as there are children willing to spend their parents' money in the latest 50 € miniature that totally kicks the ass of last month's 50 € miniature, GW will keep overstretching their franchise instead of putting forward good new games.

Oh yeah. Nailed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.