Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my 29th game of RvI i finally got a sick Galactic Developers opening hand, and it was a total blast as expected.

It was played 2pa against Geoff, who has about 70 RftG games played. He's one of the strongest players at my FLGS, this is the same person i lost to on tiebreaks in the 70-70 game. For context i have 370 games played.

TGS+RvI with goals, takeovers off, Galactic Developers vs. Ancient Race.

I had Public Works and Investment Credits in my opening hand and ran with it. The game was blazing fast, i called dev/dev every turn and the game ended 30-7 on turn 4. Geoff had about 5 cards in his tableau to my 12, and was pretty disgusted. :P

Goals in play (bolded were acquired, all by me): Most Devs, Most Military, First 8 Builds, First 4 Goods, First 3 Uplift, First All Powers. I also finished with 2 vp chips, acquired on the final turn when he chose Trade.

The crazy thing is, even more degenerate Galactic Developers openings are possible, say adding Interstellar Bank to that starting hand. :) I also made a misplay on turn 1, i should have played R&D Crash Program instead of Investment Credits since he chose Trade. I think i also may have forgotten to draw my Terraforming Robots bonuses for Rebel Miners and Rebel Convict Mines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's a really interesting turn of events! Blitzing through the game in 4 turns is something I certainly haven't seen before. Thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entranced wrote:
In my 29th game of RvI i finally got a sick Galactic Developers opening hand, and it was a total blast as expected.

It was played 2pa against Geoff, who has about 70 RftG games played. He's one of the strongest players at my FLGS, this is the same person i lost to on tiebreaks in the 70-70 game. For context i have 370 games played.

TGS+RvI with goals, takeovers off, Galactic Developers vs. Ancient Race.

I had Public Works and Investment Credits in my opening hand and ran with it. The game was blazing fast, i called dev/dev every turn and the game ended 30-7 on turn 4. Geoff had about 5 cards in his tableau to my 12, and was pretty disgusted.

Goals in play (bolded were acquired, all by me): Most Devs, Most Military, First 8 Builds, First 4 Goods, First 3 Uplift, First All Powers. I also finished with 2 vp chips, acquired on the final turn when he chose Trade.

The crazy thing is, even more degenerate Galactic Developers openings are possible, say adding Interstellar Bank to that starting hand. I also made a misplay on turn 1, i should have played R&D Crash Program instead of Investment Credits since he chose Trade. I think i also may have forgotten to draw my Terraforming Robots bonuses for Rebel Miners and Rebel Convict Mines.

That's a crackingly well played game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.