United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Grey Dolphin Games
mbmbmbmbmb
My girlfriend and I recently went for a lovely weekend excursion to celebrate her birthday. We stayed a couple of nights in a nice hotel, and just did whatever. The first night I recommended we play Fluxx, a new game I had just bought. We cracked open the plastic, read the incredibly short instructions and started playing.
And didn't stop for hours.

Our first game took about 20 minutes, with the average game length for tne next 27 games being about 5 minutes. We blitzed through game after game, each one ending suddenly, with the victor smiling and the loser demanding a rematch.

This game was really fun. What appealed to us the most was the utter randomness!
"I play the eye."
"I play love."
"Bah, I play a cookie."
"Oh yea, well I have a rocketship!"

I love the keepers. They are such a random selection of things. I love the creepers too.
"Darn, I got taxes. It eats my money."

The rules can be overwhelming at first, but become fun once you get the hang of it. One minute, players are drawing 5 cards and playing all of them, the next minute they can still draw 5, but only play one. Then the hand size gets put down to 0 (forcing, once, 20 discards).

We only played 18 games that evening, but the next day she demanded we play again, and did another 10. It was really fun. This is exactly the kind of game I would introduce to someone if you are not sure how they are with gaming.

I have 8 packs of the Fluxx Blanxx cards, and we're going to have lots of fun making our own cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great session report. Really shows why this game is fun, if you accept it for what it is. Though it's in Reviews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if I had to play 28 games of Fluxx, I'd probably end up gnawing my own arm off. It IS fun for a few plays but after that the novelty painfully wears off.

Glad you guys had fun, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Moved to Sessions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.