Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slow month for me!

I've been playing Pokemon LeafGreen on my DS for way too long. I've just got the Elite 4 to finish off now, but I failed the first time and I've got to experience grind for a while. Pokemon is a wretchedly boring game, but it still has some strange appeal.

I downloaded the free 14 day trial for City of Heroes, and quit playing after the second day. MMORPGs really aren't for me.

I played through the Subspace Emissaries mode of Super Smash Brothers Brawl again. It was quite fun.

It should be implicit by now that I'm still getting some good use out of Rock Band 2. I think I need to sink some more money into DLC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Morse
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
http://atroublewithwords.com/
mbmbmbmbmb

I finished Batman: Arkham Asylum which is to say, I finished the story, but I'm still running around trying to gather up all of the Riddler's #$%#ing hidden trophies and whatnot.
I will be stunned if this doesn't win Game of the Year.

I played through The Beatles Rock Band in an afternoon. Looking forward to playing this with other people.

Lots of Rock Band 2 - I'm trying to work through all of the songs on Hard guitar, and I just can't get my fingers around Pearl Jam's Alive.
"The Band" got together last Sunday and played for just about 10 hours. My wife doesn't understand how four people can play a video game for 10 hours, but she also doesn't really like video games in the first place...

I played about 20 minutes of Left 4 Dead to show a friend the gameplay. Now I really want to play it a bunch more again!

That's about for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Halo 3 ODST (Campaign and Firefight)
Call of Duty World At War Nazi Zombies Maps
Wolfenstein
Overlord II
Guitar Hero III
Rock Band
Battlefield Bad Company
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Hellyer
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
I played "Mr. Do" on my Colecovision a couple months ago. Good fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Tatoolo, I don't much care for MMORPGs. Also, I agree with Quixote171, Batman should definitely be in a top 3 list for 2009's GOTY, it's very slick (though it still suffers from a few console-specific features that aren't high on my list - still it's a GREAT game).

I've been playing:

Batman:Arkham Asylum (not a ton but enough to see how amazingly cool it is) - on PS3

Left 4 Dead (the new DLC, Crash Course is cool, though short) - PC

Mirror's Edge (mostly on 360 but now starting over on PS3, since I switched systems recently)

Soul Caliber IV (I've always loved the Soul Caliber series for fighting games) - PS3

But in all honesty, I've not played anything all that much, at all, due to my son's issues (explained in a different thread here in Chit Chat area). I'm excited about November as there will be a TON of my highly anticipated titles coming out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
Titan Quest, Immortal throne - Started this again with a friend.
Diablo 2 - Just started playing.
L4D - Tried crash course.
Team Fortress 2 - Still.
Batman demo - I have to get this game.
Tales of Monkey Island - New chapter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He He, i've been addicted to Peggles for the last two weeks.

Other than that, still trying to finish off Fallout 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
Slow here, too. Did a bunch of replaying of games I'd left alone for a while. Finally took the prestige mode plunge in Cod4: Modern Warfare, put in a bunch of time with Civ IV, and recently started trying for the speed run achievement in Prince of Persia.

Just preordered Borderlands, though, so the future looks brighter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Simpson
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Far too much gaming this month...

Aion - open beta - cancelled my order though after seeing the insane queueing times they have to log on (3 Hours?!)

Champions Online - a nice change of pace, if you like running around in spandex and beating up villains! KAPOW!

Played and completed 'The Witcher (Enhanced Version)' on the PC. This was exceptional. A real gritty RPG with tough moral choices to make. Looked good too.

Civ 4 BTS free expansion 'Fall from Heaven 2' - if you have Beyond the Sword, this is well worth getting. http://kael.civfanatics.net/

Professor Layton and Pandora's Box on the DS

The first episode of the Monkey Island game from Telltale Games.

Finished off last episode of Wallace and Grommit. Really enjoyed all 4 episodes.

And finally a whole load of puzzles on nikoli.com which is a subscription site, but has some sample puzzles on there and costs a mere 550 yen a month, or about £3 or $5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

which I highly recommend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Its not out yet but I may just have to get a PS3 for this game called Mag:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/mag/index.html

256 people on one server...talk about massive battles...my only thing is this...why in the world are they making a 256 multiplayer game...and only putting it on the PS3...I was pretty sure that the 360 had the market on online stuff. Maybe the PS3 will use this game to announce they are going to start charging for their online services?

In my opinion marketing it to only PS3 owners is a poor decision in terms of sale of the game.

But like I said...I may just have to buy a small harddrive PS3 just for that game depending how good it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still playing some oldies. Currently still playing College Hoops 2K6, trying to get a second title. I believe I've played 15+ seasons so far, and only have 1 title to show for it. However, the first 10 seasons I was coaching schools that had no hope of getting any decent recruits and getting one of them to the Final Four was a pretty good acheivement.

Also been playing Madden 2009, but it's getting boring to me now.

I would love to be playing some of my computer games, but since my DVD/CD drives only like DVD's, I can't play most of my games. The only one I've really played this month is Neverwinter Nights.

Sadly, even though I'm out of school, my board and video gaming has been worse. It doesn't make sense at all to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Rome: Total War

After that, I played Rome: Total War
Then I played Rome: Total War
Then some Rome: Total War
When I was done playing Rome: Total War, I played some more Rome: Total War

Did I mention Rome: Total War? Great game. My September game. (And a few other months)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mostly Fire Emblem for the GBA. I got it because of a recommendation by MisterCranky in a thread here even. I like Advance Wars a lot, so the similarities drew me in, but I find that I play Fire Emblem more strategically and carefully because you can't just generate more units - once they're dead, they're dead.

I'm still playing Phoenix Wright - Trials and Tribulations on the DS, but mostly it has been pushed aside for Fire Emblem for the moment.

Yesterday I played some old Ford Racing 3 on the X-box just because I felt like it. My son mocked me saying I should play one of the much better Need for Speed games because they're more realistic. I said I was playing it because I was in the mood for fake racing and threatened to pull out Toy Story Racer for the PS1. So maybe I'll be playing some Toy Story Racer this month. We'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scribblenauts - I find this game equally incredible and frustrating. The sheer number of items in it is staggering, I just wish the main character was easier to control. Eggie's been downright hooked on the game.

Zuma - Back into this again on my iPod. My finishing scores are back up to the 3,600,000 range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
_Kael_ wrote:
I played Rome: Total War
After that, I played Rome: Total War
Then I played Rome: Total War
Then some Rome: Total War
When I was done playing Rome: Total War, I played some more Rome: Total War

Did I mention Rome: Total War? Great game. My September game. (And a few other months)

Another game I can't play because of my stupid DVD/CD drives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bass
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bioshock (360)- I finished this up. That was the main game for the month. I absolutely loved it. I played it through a second time to finish off some achievements and see the alternate ending.

I also played a little Madden 10, NHL 09, Lost Cities, and CoD 4: Modern Warfare. (360)

I just popped Mass Effect (360) back in to finish off some achievements as well.

My goal this month and next is to polish off a few games to trade them in and pre-order CoD: Modern Warfare 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Roth
Germany
Wistedt
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wii Sports Resort - Got it as a birthday present and played it for days. Now my arms are sore but it really is fun

Also completed the last riddle for "Professor layton and the curious village" - I really like the flair and the small videos of this game. Comes close to a real movie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I started Mass Effect, though because I'm an Xbox 360 achievement hound, I'm considering re-starting my campaign so I can pick up some of the stuff that I've missed or that I'm not working well toward under my current campaign. It's been pretty interesting so far, with the mix of RPG and FPS, with a little pick-up-and-deliver along with intrigue.

A buddy and I rented Left 4 Dead, which was fantastic. I'm a big fan of Valve's stuff, having finally played through HL2 and HL2: Episode 1 in the spring. Played through two of the missions on cooperative, though still have a lot more work to do for the achievements.

I played some Viva Pinata at the beginning of the month, about halfway through the achievements on that one. I've come to a much more harmonious existence in my garden, though I am churning through most of the pinatas like a factory to get the badges and achievements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
All Batman, all the time! The story mode was a blast, but now I'm addicted to Challenge Mode fistfighting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (DS). Yes, still. However, I did finally "beat" it this month (after only 144 playing hours!!). There are actually quite a few more quests that you can only access once you beat the game, so I'm not quite "done" with it yet, but it's still a fun game to kill time with.

Scribblenauts (DS) - I got this game after seeing some reviews. I'm still trying to get the hang of some interactions. I'm only on World 1, but haven't played much. I can see where some get frustrated that it's too easy to just "do the same thing" over and over, but I'm making it a personal point to try and be creative for each level. True, there's no incentive for doing so, other than having fun trying to come up with bizarre solutions. (Question: Is it possible to drop a NUKE without killing yourself and the starite? Or is it just one of those items that is funny because it's so apocalyptic, but doesn't really ever help in the game?)

Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii) - Not as much as in months past, mostly due to not having a lot of time. (most of my DS playing time is on the bus during my commute).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still playing the same games as last month. Planescape: Torment with some SHMUPs.

Just discovered DonPachi. It's awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quixote171 wrote:

I finished Batman: Arkham Asylum which is to say, I finished the story, but I'm still running around trying to gather up all of the Riddler's #$%#ing hidden trophies and whatnot.
I will be stunned if this doesn't win Game of the Year.

Who's in charge of giving out the Game of the Year awards?

But yeah, I played a lot of Arkham Asylum. I thought I was over action-type games, but this reinvigorated my enthusiasm for the genre (and for Batman!). Probably the best game of its type I've ever played.

Since completing story mode, though, I've been playing the crap out of the PC version of Blood Bowl, with occasional breaks for the (torn down) Teardown version of Space Hulk. The relative lack of boardgaming this month is really getting to me.

I played a few minutes of old favorite Empire: Total War, and I'm looking forward to the mini-expansion (despite the completely ridiculous addition of Native American magic units, who will probably still fight in European-style lines) coming out soon.

I tried returning to the new Telltale Monkey Island games, and while my avatar indicates my eternal love, I've decided that adventure games just don't work in this era, funny or not.

I played 20 minutes of Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood before I realized that it was about as polished as a second-tier shooter from 1995. I don't have the time or the patience for that crap anymore.

Overall, I've been flitting around, trying to find something to keep my interest. Dawn of Discovery got me for a few minutes, but just didn't hold my interest. Maybe Cities XL will scratch that itch, or better yet Tropico 3, though I can't muster more than cautious optimism based on the developers' pedigree. Risen sounds kind of exciting, but I'm not about to preorder anything, as I've found myself really disappointed with titles I thought were sure things (I'm looking at you, East India Company).

Overall, this was definitely an "I'd rather be playing board games" month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm free-basing midichloriens and the force is, like, an energy that connects and penetrates us all, man.
United States
Saint Ann
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My kids were having such a good time playing Rampage (Activision Classics) on my PS2, that I ordered them Rampage Total Destruction. $5 shipped via ebay.

I think they still prefer the original.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.