Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: A case study for boardgame Entitlement... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Those of you who ask what were they thinking of...
Here is a case study for Entitlement.

See...
Space Hulk (third edition) Like New condition for only $102499.00
http://boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewitem&item...

Automobile Very Good condition for only $86500.00
http://boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewitem&item...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Vafai
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
goo goo
______

Does this relate to reasons for not doing drugs while pregnant?
If not, I don't see any purpose to dwelling on the insanities either of the attempts of such sales, or of any actual purchases touching upon such prices.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
He's trying to make some kind of point, I just don't know what it is.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Harv wrote:
Those are probably just typos, right?

Even assuming he meant to put 99 cents in space hulk that would still be over $1000. So no, I dont think they were typos
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt horn
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
Is there any way to remove these? They are throwing the chart for my pricing app off:

http://www.spielboy.com/GeekPrices.php?gameID=54625

I guess you could use the log axis to minimize the damage, but still.

matt
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
spielboy wrote:
Is there any way to remove these? They are throwing the chart for my pricing app off:

http://www.spielboy.com/GeekPrices.php?gameID=54625

I guess you could use the log axis to minimize the damage, but still.

matt


wow, he really messed it up.

Can you put in a vendor exceptions for those cases or max range for the data the app will use
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think these are examples of what some would refer to as "gags."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone actually contacted this "seller" about these prices?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Mittelstedt
United States
Hampstead
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Entitlement:
The right to guaranteed benefits under a government program, as Social Security, welfare, or unemployment compensation.


I think the word you are really looking for is profiteering.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Maxwell
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
and as we know, at least in the USA these days, making a profit is for the wicked.

Evil profiteering people, how DARE they put something in the market that someone could buy, or not, of their own free will which will allow the seller to gain a large sum of money.

We should set price limits for items on ebay and, for that matter, anyone and everyone who sells anything.

What we need is a government run police-state that ensures no one can become rich.

(yes, I'm going overboard on purpose, but surely you get the obvious point)


Formula D ROCKS! and rolls....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Flashing wrote:
and as we know, at least in the USA these days, making a profit is for the wicked.

Evil profiteering people, how DARE they put something in the market that someone could buy, or not, of their own free will which will allow the seller to gain a large sum of money.

We should set price limits for items on ebay and, for that matter, anyone and everyone who sells anything.

What we need is a government run police-state that ensures no one can become rich.

(yes, I'm going overboard on purpose, but surely you get the obvious point)



Anyone who really believes this needs to get sick and die quickly!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Waters
United States
Aloha to
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
davidchujr wrote:
Those of you who ask what were they thinking of...
Here is a case study for Entitlement.

See...
Space Hulk (third edition) Like New condition for only $102499.00
http://boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewitem&item...

Automobile Very Good condition for only $86500.00
http://boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewitem&item...


Given the expected hyperinflation that follows from "printing" so much extra money to bail out the banksters, these may be normal prices in a few years...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kefauver
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I made an offer for 5 bucks, but I don't think he appreciated it very much. Sad, I really wanted a copy, too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BugLaden wrote:
Entitlement:
The right to guaranteed benefits under a government program, as Social Security, welfare, or unemployment compensation.


I think the word you are really looking for is profiteering.



profiteering is a good description, maybe even better is pirateering...
but I think the 'Entitlement' that I was referring to is
'someone's belief that one is deserving of some particular reward or benefit'

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entitlement
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Flashing wrote:
and as we know, at least in the USA these days, making a profit is for the wicked.

Evil profiteering people, how DARE they put something in the market that someone could buy, or not, of their own free will which will allow the seller to gain a large sum of money.


Because, as everybody knows, real rational consumers always make sure to properly research the market before getting cancer.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Harv wrote:
Those are probably just typos, right?


It could be but he just revised his price on space hulk to $125000.00
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Vafai
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Maybe he thinks Zimbabwean dollars are still in circulation?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.