Subject: Teardown's Alien Assault Released!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin O'Mara
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone, just wanted to spread the word that Teardown's Alien Assault was released for free download today (sept. 30) here: http://www.teardown.se/

For those of you that don't know, the guys who made it originally made a 2D top-down view game of Space Hulk. It looked, sounded, and played almost exactly the same with the same missions and more with only minor rules changes (made for gameplay reasons). In it you were able to play as only the Space Marine Terminators but you could choose from 4 chapters. The game recorded you kills and other stats and other interesting things. A person could even make their own custom missions with the map editor tool. Overall it was really an awesome thing. Unfortunetly for them, though, they ran into some legal issues and were told to scrap the project.

But, they decided they weren't going to let all of that work go to waste. So, they changed all the sprites, dialog, names, etc. and turned it into Alien Assault! The games is described as "An intense and dynamic turn-based strategy putting the player as the commander of a squadron of heavily armed troopers battling against hordes of aliens to save mankind within the cramped confines of abandoned space stations and colony habitats."

It is almost exactly the same gameplay wise with some additional improvements. I would STRONGLY recommend that everyone download it and try it out. If you aren't sure I at least recommend that you head over to their site at http://www.teardown.se/ and check out the screenshots and gameplay videos.

Lastly, if you try out the game and really enjoy it you can feel free to donate money to these awesome guys who made the game. They made everything in it from scratch completely on their own free time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ahem... heh-heh... Miss something did we?
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/447597

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, to Kevin's credit, that was in a different game/forum. Not everyone following SpaceHulk may be following SpaceHulk3rdEd...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
True this.
Hence why I wasn mean about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Mara
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for not being mean. . . Sorry I didn't notice the other one, but I personally prefer Space Hulk 1rst edition (Old School FTW).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Update. Apparently the Teardown site and forums are gone?

Wonder what happened???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
Update. Apparently the Teardown site and forums are gone?

Wonder what happened???

It got torn down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.