Mykerinos» Forums » General

Subject: So a Dummy Player is Needed to for a Twp-Player Game ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

I bought this game today ( along with a few other games such as On the Brink exp, the Kingsburg exp. and Castle Panic) and I am wondering why the need of a Dummy when playing a two-player game ? Is it necessary and if so, why ?

Not unsealed the box yet, but if you can help me I would really very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Standard majority games rarely work well for two because the strategy tit for tat soon overwhelmes any creative play you can think of. You need to apply a few tricks when playing with two, and in Mykerinos the approach of a neutral 3rd player was chosen. In some cases this doesn't work either, but here it does. In fact, as far as majority games go, they don't come much better than Mykerinos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2 player rules for Mykerinos work very well, IMO. Think of placing the neutral cubes as an extension of what you can do to block the other player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Leveille
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Get your game on!
badge
You know you want to play with purple, don't you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to add a "me three" response, but my buddy and I played this over lunch today and had a wonderfully competitive and entertaining game. It works remarkably well as a two-player, and actually the dummy player is not a real dummy, but a shared player between both players. I think the idea is brilliant and it works wonderfully in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.