Subject: Minor herald variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Stevens
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Games: Design 'em, rewrite 'em, play 'em!
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing with the herald is all fine but starting with it in play means just playing another variant that the players can do nothing about.

I like to have the herald only draw near when the terror level gets to 4. This means the hexagon creatures don't appear, and the rule changes don't activate, until the herald comes into play.

This mechanism is like the Dunwich Horror mechanism, bringing the nasty thing into play if the players are losing control.It also puts some extra pressure on the players to avoid terror level rises and seems more narrative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Bremen
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seems also a bit more "Story-y". in a good way, ratcheting up the climactic final battle. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this variant and wanna try it out- the Goat speeds up the Doom Track so much there's barely a chance of closing or sealing enough gates, even on the "easy" level with double clues.

Really it's adding a Doom Token for each Monster Surge that screws things up. Maybe use his other effects until Terror Level 4, then start adding DTs for surges. I like the double-monster thing, and I take perverse enjoyment from collecting multiple Corruption cards....

Add the effects gradually...yes, I like it! The evil Power grows stronger out there in The Woods...

(Story-ish?? Story-esque???)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.